• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opaque Fill When Inserting Text
Hello,

I often us MS to write in text that covers up (blocks) something in the original pdf.  For example, I may correct a chord, etc. (and cover up the incorrect chord)

Before the new annotations I just used white fill and that did the job.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the fill opaque to accomplish this.   (I did try selecting "Opacity" of 100%)

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
Have you tried the snipping tool and cut out what you want to correct? That will fill in a white selection and you could place your Text on Top of it
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I use 'layers' to do something similar. Once you're in the annotate mode select 'layers' [black square with a V underneath], click on the + to add another layer, click on 'layer 1 to highlight it and white out the unwanted material, click on layer 2 and add the new material. I recommend adding the new away from the white out and move it into place with the nudge tool. If you need to move a layer 2 item, go to the layers dropdown and find the layer one change with a check mark and uncheck it. you can then select the layer 2 item to modify. That's a confusing paragraph, but it should help, with a bit of experimenting.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Jeff,

I'm a little confused why you aren't able to use the same approach with the new annotations. For example, if I select the text tool, tap again to view the dropdown, change the fill to white, turn off auto-size, draw a box and enter a letter into, this effectively whites out whatever is underneath the box. You can do the same thing with the shapes tool (select rectangle with a white fill or a thick white line).

Mike
(01-06-2021, 06:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Jeff,

I'm a little confused why you aren't able to use the same approach with the new annotations. For example, if I select the text tool, tap again to view the dropdown, change the fill to white, turn off auto-size, draw a box and enter a letter into, this effectively whites out whatever is underneath the box. You can do the same thing with the shapes tool (select rectangle with a white fill or a thick white line).

Mike

I think I was in the wrong part of the annotation section.  I think I figured it out now.  Yes, it is pretty much the same way it was before. Sorry.