• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conductor Music Stand
I sing with a Chorus and am looking at a tablet attached to a TV. The tablet is for the conductor. Below the conductor would be a TV mounted vertically for chorus members to see music. This way their heads are up, out of their binders. I have a tablet with HDMI out, but I can't get the TV to display in portrait. Does anyone have results using this type of setup?
Unfortunately, there isn't  a way to force output to a TV in portrait orientation with an Android device, unless the device is rooted and you do a lot of work to change some OS files. The only users that have had success with a scenario like you've described used a Windows 10 device to output to the TV, as Windows 10 will let you control the orientation of the connected display. You can even have the Android device connected to the Windows 10 device using the "Connect Tablets" feature, so that when you load a song on the Android tablet, it loads the same song on the Windows 10 device, and when you turn pages, it turns pages on both devices. You can buy a mini-PC for Windows 10 for this kind of setup, meaning it's easy to transport and it requires very little space. I just wanted to throw that out there as a possible alternative solution.

Mike
Casting a tablet to a TV with a Roku device  works in portrait and landscape.

https://support.roku.com/article/208754928

Jerryghr
(02-12-2021, 06:42 AM)Jonk Wrote: I sing with a Chorus and am looking at a tablet attached to a TV. The tablet is for the conductor. Below the conductor would be a TV mounted vertically for chorus members to see music. This way their heads are up, out of their binders. I have a tablet with HDMI out, but I can't get the TV to display in portrait. Does anyone have results using this type of setup?

What screen size you have in mind?
How many people are in your choir?
(02-13-2021, 06:58 AM)otnt Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 06:42 AM)Jonk Wrote: I sing with a Chorus and am looking at a tablet attached to a TV. The tablet is for the conductor. Below the conductor would be a TV mounted vertically for chorus members to see music. This way their heads are up, out of their binders. I have a tablet with HDMI out, but I can't get the TV to display in portrait. Does anyone have results using this type of setup?

What screen size you have in mind?
How many people are in your choir?

I had a 55" in mind, there are 30 members in our chorus. Occasionally we sing with a 150 man chorus, but it would be hard to read then.

I proposed to the group to use landscape mode. I think it will work well. We often try to memorize, so it will aid us regardless if it is really that readable. It will still be better than heads down in a binder ignoring the conductor.
Havent tried. But it could be possible to clone the desktop (by the operating system) to a 2nd display. So you could clone the view the conductor has to a big screen or a projector. But - haven't tried with MSPro.