• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto scroll and repeat mode.
I have fast auto-scroll enabled and start/pause with 0 wait assigned to my right pedal button as preferred way to help me go to the next page more smoothly as I find that when playing fast passages, flipping to the next page is sometimes too sudden and hard to do it at the right moment without loosing continuity.

However I noticed that when scrolling the auto-repeat doesn't work and the scrolling finishes at the end of the last page.
Is there a way to go back to the beginning when scrolling?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
The automatic scrolling really isn't designed to handle a repeat - it's set up to stop at the last page of the song. I suppose if you triggered automatic scrolling again at that point, in theory I could see if the repeat mode is enabled and jump back to the start. Is that basically all you want? I'm not going to modify the scrolling to automatically jump at the end back to the start though. A separate action is going to be required to trigger that. If you want the song to repeat over and over you could just modify the page order to repeat all of the pages multiple times.

Mike
(03-30-2021, 05:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I suppose if you triggered automatic scrolling again at that point, in theory I could see if the repeat mode is enabled and jump back to the start. Is that basically all you want?
Yes, I don't use autoscrolling for actually reading while scrolling but just as a way to avoid the sudden jump to the next page so it's really easy to control the transition between pages while playing by seeing the beginning of the next page.  So what you suggest would be perfect to go back to the start.

BTW, I 'm trying the 'immediate' speed to work. It doesn't do anything ...
I have behavior set to "Scroll and pause"
Pause duration 0
Speed Immediate
Scroll amount 20%
Time before scrolling 0

Isn't it meant to jump 20% of the screen at the time?   Instead I get a black screen ...
Donner BT pedal
If the pause duration is 0 and you set it to "Scroll and Pause", then it's going to scroll 20% over and over without any pausing until it hits the end of the song. It's obviously exposing some kind of bug, but having a 0 second pause doesn't really make sense for that mode. What you are describing is better accomplished just using a pedal action to scroll 20% of the screen at a time with the speed set to "Immediate". You can use the "Scroll down or go to next page" pedal action for that.

Mike
I've located the bug with setting the pause duration to 0 with that mode, so that will be fixed for the next update. As I mentioned, all this does is just scroll immediately to the very end of the song though.

Mike
(03-30-2021, 05:41 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If the pause duration is 0 and you set it to "Scroll and Pause", then it's going to scroll 20% over and over without any pausing until it hits the end of the song. It's obviously exposing some kind of bug, but having a 0 second pause doesn't really make sense for that mode. What you are describing is better accomplished just using a pedal action to scroll 20% of the screen at a time with the speed set to "Immediate". You can use the "Scroll down or go to next page" pedal action for that.

Mike

I had pause duration to zero because I didn't want any pause between scrolls when starting/stopping with the pedal.
I set up now what you suggested and it's perfect and it actually makes use of the repeat mode and it goes back to the beginning.  Great.
Thanks!

EDIT:  The percentage doesn't seem to make any difference when I change it. It always takes 5 taps (20%) to go through a page regardless of the % that I set. Tthis is in my Onyx Lumi.  In my Samsung I cannot get it to scroll at all, it just goes to the next page with each tap even though I have the same settings.

EDIT of EDIT: It looks like the settings at the top of the pedal assignments override the scroll settings of the overlay menu.  A bit confusing if you ask me ...
However, again, with my Samsung all I get is full page flips regardless of either settings.
With my Lumi trying to scroll by starting manually from the overlay menu it doesnt work if is set to Immediate. It freezes and the screen goes black.   But it works ok with the pedal.
Donner BT pedal
Automatic scrolling is configured independently of scrolling with a pedal. You can not configure the pedal scrolling per song - it's a global setting. Automatic scrolling, on the other hand, can be configured per song. You could accomplish the same thing by setting up the pedal to start/stop automatic scrolling, setting a pause duration of 8 seconds, setting the scroll speed to immediate, pressing the pedal once to jump 20% and press it again to stop the scrolling. This requires two pedal presses per scroll though, so it doesn't make sense to do this unless you needed different scroll amounts per song.

I don't know which percentage you are referring to. If you mean the percentage listed on the pedal actions page, that absolutely should work if you are using a pedal action that scrolls, such as "Scroll down or Turn Page if at bottom". As far as your samsung, it sounds to me like you have the pedal action set up to trigger "Go to Next Page". Can you verify that it's set to "Scroll down or Turn Page if at Bottom" on that device? The scrolling is also going to work better if you are utilizing the vertical scrolling display mode.

As mentioned before, you can't use immediate scrolling with the "Scroll and pause" behavior if you set the pause duration to 0 seconds. There is a bug in my code that will trigger if you do that. If you set the pause duration to 4 seconds, for example, you will see the page jump in increments of 20% every 4 seconds.

Mike
(03-30-2021, 08:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Automatic scrolling is configured independently of scrolling with a pedal. You can not configure the pedal scrolling per song - it's a global setting. Automatic scrolling, on the other hand, can be configured per song. You could accomplish the same thing by setting up the pedal to start/stop automatic scrolling, setting a pause duration of 8 seconds, setting the scroll speed to immediate, pressing the pedal once to jump 20% and press it again to stop the scrolling. This requires two pedal presses per scroll though, so it doesn't make sense to do this unless you needed different scroll amounts per song.

I don't know which percentage you are referring to. If you mean the percentage listed on the pedal actions page, that absolutely should work if you are using a pedal action that scrolls, such as "Scroll down or Turn Page if at bottom". As far as your samsung, it sounds to me like you have the pedal action set up to trigger "Go to Next Page". Can you verify that it's set to "Scroll down or Turn Page if at Bottom" on that device? The scrolling is also going to work better if you are utilizing the vertical scrolling display mode.

Mike

Mike,
Now that you clarified the difference I'm not interested in having different settings per song and also I don't see myself starting the scroll manually so I'll be using the pedal for all songs equally.
I'll be using the pedal general setting which works as it should in terms of % and speed (immediate) in my Lumi. 
However, as I was just pointing out before, the Lumi doesn't scroll properly when starting the scrolling manually from the overlay menu getting stuck and displaying a black screen if I'm using Immediate speed song setting.

Regarding the Samsung I have the pedal setting configured also to Immediate and pause longer than zero and 20% of page like the Lumi, and I have now scroll vertical display (I thought I had it, sorry) so it works ok now with the pedal  but starting scroll manually doesn't seem to work.
Donner BT pedal