• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome default tempo
Hi,

Often I might have 2 or 3 tempos in one pdf when the movement changes and I like to save them with the song so that I can retrieve them when a new tempo is required.
However when I set a certain tempo and I save it hitting the + symbol, why is the tempo dropping always to 10bpm?
I would expect it to stay at the tempo that I just saved.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the settings but I find this a little annoying ...
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
If you hit the + button, that is going to add a new tempo to the list of tempos used by the song. If you tap the dropdown in the metronome, you can see all of the tempos you've added. If you switch to a tempo in that dropdown, and then modify it, it is saved automatically - there is no action you have to take to explicitly save your changes.

Mike
(04-08-2021, 05:06 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you hit the + button, that is going to add a new tempo to the list of tempos used by the song. If you tap the dropdown in the metronome, you can see all of the tempos you've added. If you switch to a tempo in that dropdown, and then modify it, it is saved automatically - there is no action you have to take to explicitly save your changes.

Mike

Sorry but I'm still puzzled:

1.- What is the function of the "Tap to set Tempo" button?  The tempo is set as soon as you move the slider without needing to tap the button.
2.- If I choose a tempo from the dropdown say 60 and now I want to save a new one, say 90, I need to move the slider to 90 but this is going to change my saved one from 60 to 90 in the dropdown, so how do I keep 60 and save 90?
3.- Going back to my previous post, when I save a new tempo say to 60, the slider drops to 10 and also it's saved in the dropdown but I don't want it/need it ...

Juan
Donner BT pedal
1) If you tap a beat with your finger, the interval between taps will be measured and the metronome will set a tempo to match that.
2) Set the first to 60, tap + to add a new tempo, adjust that to 90. Now if you tap the dropdown you will see you have both 60 and 90.
3) Tapping + creates a new tempo, and the default tempo is 10, so that's why it shows up as 10. Remember tapping + does not save the current tempo as a new tempo, it adds a new tempo to the list which you then have to adjust. Think of the dropdown as selecting the current tempo in the list which you can then modify. You don't adjust tempos and then add them to the list - you add tempos to the list and then adjust them to match what you need.

Mike
(04-08-2021, 05:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: 1) If you tap a beat with your finger, the interval between taps will be measured and the metronome will set a tempo to match that.
2) Set the first to 60, tap + to add a new tempo, adjust that to 90. Now if you tap the dropdown you will see you have both 60 and 90.
3) Tapping + creates a new tempo, and the default tempo is 10, so that's why it shows up as 10. Remember tapping + does not save the current tempo as a new tempo, it adds a new tempo to the list which you then have to adjust. Think of the dropdown as selecting the current tempo in the list which you can then modify. You don't adjust tempos and then add them to the list - you add tempos to the list and then adjust them to match what you need.

Mike

1) Perhaps is not sufficiently explained in the manual (pg 88), it seems to read that you click the button to set the current tempo shown in the slider,  I didn't realize that you actually tap on it several times to approximate the required tempo, however, now that I understand, it's a great feature!  Smile.   I have a SoundBrenner metronome watch and it has also this feature.
2-3) My confusion was thinking that you tap on the + to save the tempo not before setting it. Again it could use a bit more description in the manual (pg. 92)

Great, thanks Mike!
Donner BT pedal