• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support multiple bookmarks to same page
Hi there,

I'm new to MobileSheets - just got a Boox Max Lumi to replace a 9.7-inch iPad with forScore, and so far I'm really impressed. Thanks for a great piece of software!

One thing I wish were different is that there can only be one bookmark to a given page of a piece. My specific use-case is a vocal score for Handel's Messiah, where I'd like to have bookmarks for Part One, Part Two, and Part Three, but those all also correspond to specific movements for which I'd also like bookmarks. Additionally, there are some quite short movements, so there are a few instances where two movements start on the same page.

I can work around this somewhat, but not without making the bookmark names a bit long and difficult to read.

Is there a technical reason we can't have multiple bookmarks per page, or was the intent just to avoid confusion? Would it be possible to lift the restriction? Even a warning about there already being a bookmark there would be perfectly suitable, for me.

Thanks!
At the moment, I've structured the code to only have one bookmark per page, but it wouldn't be a large effort to change it to be a list of bookmarks per page. I'll have to do some analysis to make sure there isn't anything I'm forgetting, but it seems like I can probably slip the changes into an update soon. 

Mike
(10-02-2021, 10:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, I've structured the code to only have one bookmark per page, but it wouldn't be a large effort to change it to be a list of bookmarks per page. I'll have to do some analysis to make sure there isn't anything I'm forgetting, but it seems like I can probably slip the changes into an update soon. 

Mike

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply! Glad to hear it doesn't sound like a large effort to change.
(10-02-2021, 10:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, I've structured the code to only have one bookmark per page, but it wouldn't be a large effort to change it to be a list of bookmarks per page. I'll have to do some analysis to make sure there isn't anything I'm forgetting, but it seems like I can probably slip the changes into an update soon. 

Mike

I join jswright and would love it if there was the ability to have multiple bookmarks on a page and use them to jump to a specific place on a page.

Many thanks in advance
Saenner

Mike

I agree with jswright and would also love to be able to bookmark multiple pages so I can jump to a specific place on a page.

Thanks in advance
Saenner
I can't find the bookmarks window at all. I've spent a couple of hours trying. 

And I wanted to add more than one bookmark. Sometimes our chorus director tells us to go to a page. Sometimes the chorus number or title. Sometimes to eg letter A. So I'd like to be able to label a page with all of these metadata. 

I'm very disappointed that it seems this will be impossible if I ever manage to find out how to open the bookmarks window.
Adding support for multiple bookmarks on one page is still on the list. It's in my bug tracking system, so I was just waiting until some of the other feature requests were finished before working on this. You can also change the page order to repeat the page if needed and add a separate bookmark per instance of the page if this is absolutely critical in the short term.

As far as where the bookmarks window is, just load a score, tap the center of the screen to bring up the song overlay (the bars at the top and bottom of the screen), and then tap on the bookmarks icon which is in the bottom right section (the 2nd icon). That will display the bookmarks window and then you can add a bookmark. If you tap in the center and it turns a page instead of bringing up the song overlay, it means performance mode is enabled. To disable performance mode, tap the lock icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen. This same toggle can be accessed by tapping the bottom right corner of the screen while a song is loaded to display the quick action box.

Mike