• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Metronome when in performance mode(?)
Shocked 
I suppose there is someone somewhere that has a need for a metronome within MobileSheets while in performance, but it sure freaked me out yesterday at our recording session. "Somewhere" in my vicinity we started hearing a clicking sound, as if someone were snapping his fingers. Very slowly... roughly every ten six seconds (sound familiar?). 

Lots of searching and powering down of devices until I finally turned off my tablet and the sound went away. Only much later did it occur to me that this might be a MobileSheets problem. Never in a hundred years would it have occured to me that the metronome could still be accidentally activated in performance mode...  (anyhow, now I know!)

Has this already been discussed?

Best wishes,

Kevin Pfeiffer
I can't speak for other users, but I have my metronome running in performance mode.  The sound is muted and I have a flashing icon showing in the top left-hand corner of the display.  Doing this means I can count the band in at the right tempo every time.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Aha, I see. Would have to be (yet another) optional setting then... if even necessary... my son says "simply turn down the volume control on the tablet", which I'll do next time.
(09-03-2023, 09:16 PM)k-pfeiffer Wrote: Aha, I see. Would have to be (yet another) optional setting then... if even necessary... my son says "simply turn down the volume control on the tablet", which I'll do next time.

Your son has given you one simple solution Smile . 

Alternatively you could do the same as me.  In the metronome menu, there is an option to have a "visual only" display of the count.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(09-04-2023, 05:32 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: Alternatively you could do the same as me.  In the metronome menu, there is an option to have a "visual only" display of the count.

Except that I do regularly use the aural metronome, and unintentionally activating the visual metronome would also be undesirable (but at least I'd know what had happened).

What initially confused me the most is that in the tablet settings I had set audio on the tablet to be muted. But the metronome can still be heard. This was not what I expected. Instead I have to turn down the volume control down to its lowest setting
There is a separate volume control for the metronome. You can certainly just mute the metronome and have it set to audio only. I can consider adding an option to disable the metronome in performance mode though.