• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting a collection
Hello, new here...

I've been using Mobilesheets Pro on an android tablet, having scanned all my big band parts to pdf files, and imported them into various collections for each sax and band.

Works really well, but the question is - having annotated quite a few, is there an easy way to export a complete modified collection to an external folder/directory, as pdf's ?

As a retired techie I always like a backup solution, so the plan is then to have the facility to import the annotated collection to a second device, or just read the modified pdf's in a viewer.

I have been able to export individual modified parts, to replace the original in a folder, but is there a way to do this 'in bulk'  with a complete collection ?

I know I can use backup/restore for the whole database, but hoped there'd be an easier way to do it just for a collection, seems a bit of a sledgehammer/nut approach.

Apologies if I've missed the obvious solution  !
Just Go into the Collection select all songs and then tap the three dots and share. Then export Files. Select the destination and Choose the settings you would like to have.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Go to the Setlists tab, long press a setlist, tap Share->Export files and select the output destination for the files. This will generate PDFs in the selected folder containing all of your annotations. You can create a setlist from a collection by long pressing the collection on the collections tap, tapping the three dots at the top right and selecting "Create Setlist from Songs".

As a side note, if you go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, this will generate a .msb file contaiing your entire library and all settings. This is a far superior way to backup your library versus exporting individual songs.

Mike
HI everyone.
Dont know what happened but i i cant do a backup in onedrive or dropbox.
It bugs at 97% or at finish anyway.

error message is about:  cant update onedrive ....

i have seen a patch detail page in the last few days.
It may come from that patch. Just an idea. last week i was backuping at my taste.

tons of jobs can be lost if i get a trouble. 
I am hoping i can backup soon even if there is no bad sign either than that.  

Anyone else had this?

Hope it can be fixed soon.

Edgar
(12-12-2021, 06:16 AM)McAroni Wrote: Just Go into the Collection select all songs and then tap the three dots and share. Then export Files. Select the destination and Choose the settings you would like to have.

Perfect thanks, and for the other replies...   Wink
(12-12-2021, 09:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Go to the Setlists tab, long press a setlist, tap Share->Export files and select the output destination for the files. This will generate PDFs in the selected folder containing all of your annotations. You can create a setlist from a collection by long pressing the collection on the collections tap, tapping the three dots at the top right and selecting "Create Setlist from Songs".

As a side note, if you go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, this will generate a .msb file contaiing your entire library and all settings. This is a far superior way to backup your library versus exporting individual songs.

Mike

Is there a way to generate an msb of a subset of songs? I have music from an assortment of different choirs and I'd like to help teach my current choir to use Mobilesheets without each of them having to set it all up individually. Ideally I'd send them all my .msb to load as their starting point, but don't want to send them my life's collection of sheet music.
You can export a .msf file. Just create a setlist of every song you want to share, go to the Setlists tab, long press the setlist to select it, tap Share->Export songs and files and a .msf file will be generated. Other users can import that .msf file and they will then have all of the songs you shared.

Mike