• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synching songs based on csv files split information lost
Hi Mike,

I noticed something with the latest version of MSP when synching the library. 
On the target device the csv split of the pdf is getting lost. All the created songs have the whole "base" pdf file with all pages. So the information where the songs start is not there anymore...
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I just ran a test with this and it seemed to work perfectly fine for me. I did the following:

1) On tablet 1, I imported a csv file and created four songs using different sections of the PDF
2) I use Sync Library->Sync to another device, set the sync type to "Update Client" and pushed the changes over to another device.
3) I edited those songs on tablet 2, and I could see that the page order is specified correctly and the songs load properly

How does this differ from what you are doing? 

Thanks,
Mike
I think i do exactly the same.
I made a short video with a fresh library and only one csv and one pdf.
On the Master Tablet i imported the csv and then i synched the library.
All the songs are created but every song has all the pages of the "master" pdf file.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiElUicznv8LgZ0USK1_...g?e=zIADLd

Thanks
I even tried to import the csv on the 2nd device first. So the library is the same on both devices. The csv import worked. But after the sync of the library the page and split information is gone.
Do you have Settings->Other Setttings->Reset Page Order if File Changes checked? If you have that checked and are using an SD card, the sync may cause MobileSheetsPro to scan the file for changes when it is first loaded which would then reset the page order. I'm guessing that may be what is happening on your device.

Mike
I have updated the code to ensure that MobileSheetsPro properly updates the last modified timestamp in the database to prevent it from scanning for changes, so after the next update, you won't encounter this problem even if you leave that setting enabled.

Mike
Yes my files are on the sd card. Unchecking "Reset Page Order if File Changes" did solve the problem.
Thank you Mike.