• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro mit Tyros 5 verbinden
guten Tag,

Ich versuche seit einigen Tagen das T5 mit MSP zu verbinden. Ich habe das Tablet mit dem T5 mit einem USB-Druckerkabel am Port „To Host“ verbunden. Der Signalfluß klappt, das Problem scheinen die Midi-E Einstellungen zu sein. Ich habe auch 2 Artikel zu diesem Thema gefunden, die leider etwas widersprüchlich sind.
Ich möchte durch Aufrufe einer Registrierung im T5 Noten oder Gesangstexte in MSP ansteuern. Ich hoffe, ein T5-Nutzer hat dieses Problem gelöst und kann mir weiterhelfen. Schade, dass es für das T5 nicht so eine einfache Möglichkeit wie beim Genos gibt.

Vielen Dank  
Gatzi
Please see this post: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...76#pid9776

The Tyros 5 should work the same as the Tyros 4 when it comes to loading registrations.

Mike
Diesem Artikel kannte ich schon. Danach habe ich den T5 und MSP  eingerichtet. Es hat nur leider nicht geklappt. Jetzt tritt ein weiteres Problem auf: Wenn ich die Verbindung hergestellt habe, reagiert MSP nicht mehr. Nach kurzer Zeit erscheint eine Meldung und ich schließe MSP. Wenn ich die USB Verbindung unterbreche, reagiert MSP wieder.
You are using an Android device (hence why you are posting in the Android forum), correct? In that case, please do the following:

1) Go to Settings->MIDI Settings and if you have "MIDI Echo" enabled, please disable that
2) Go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections and switch the MIDI library to Google. Now tap the input and output ports that show up to connect to them. Now repeat the MIDI tests. If this does not work, you can also try the USB high-performance MIDI library

Let me know if that helps at all.

Mike
(02-01-2022, 04:57 AM)Gatzi Wrote: Diesem Artikel kannte ich schon. Danach habe ich den T5 und MSP  eingerichtet. Es hat nur leider nicht geklappt. 

Gatzi,

I cannot remember whether  the 'usb to host' connector on tyros is considered to be USB 1 or USB 2. 
The setup in my old post/article will only work if it is considered to be USB 2

You can check which one it is, by going to the MIDI settings and then the RECEIVE tab (see image attached) and then loading a sheet in MSP that is configured according to the post. You should see a small light popping up in either the PORT 1 or PRT 2 line at the bottom of the screen when the MIDI commands are received.

If it is in PORT 1, you will need to change the first line (port 1 CH1) of the midi receive settings onTyros and replace 'Song' in the column 'part' by keyboard. Then save that MIDI configuration to disk.
If I remember everything correctly, the setup as described in my old post should then work.

Good luck

Rudy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hallo Mike hallo Rudy,

erst einmal recht herzlichen Dank für die Unterstützung.
Mike: Ich habe die Einstellungen probiert, es passiert nichts. Auch der Midi Test war jedes mal negativ.
Rudy: das T5 sendet im Part 1. Es kommt aber kein Signal an.

Ich vermute, dass über die USB Verbindung keine Signale empfangen oder gesendet werden obwohl MSP mit dem T5 verbunden ist .

Die Einstellungen im T5 bzw. im MSP habe ich fotografiert und beigefügt. Vielleicht habe ich ja etwas übersehen. Bei der vielen Probiererei wird man irgendwann blind.

viele Grüße

gatzi[attachment=1820]
Gatzi,

When you plugged in the USB cable with tyros connected to it in your tablet for the first time, you should have received a message when loading MS Pro, asking if you want MS Pro to use that USB connection.
Have you seen that message ?

If you have ... 
let's perform a test to see if midi data is getting transmitted over your USB cable.

1) on tyros select the MIDI configuration 'ALL PARTS', and have it display the MIDI transmit tab.
2) In MSP go to the MIDI edit tab of a song (the tab of the blurry picture in your document) To the right of that screen you will see (top to bottom) a pen icon, below it a '+' icon and below that a sort of a tablet icon with the wifi symbol in its bottom left corner. Press that last (bottom) one.
You should now see a screen from MSP with a title 'waiting for MIDI commands' or something like that.

Now play a couple of notes on the tyros.
On the Tyros screen you should see little lights come up at the bottom of the MIDI transmit screen, indicating that data is being transmitted, and showing on which port/ channel that is.
At the same time, those MIDI messages should appear in the screen of mobilesheets. 

If you do see the lights on Tyros on port 1 but you don't see antything appearing in MSP, there is indeed no communication ....

As a side note. I have over the years used 5 or 6 different tablets with MSP on, and I allways used the default MIDI library without any problems. 
So if the above test failed, and switching to the Google MIDI library did not make any difference, could you please switch back to the default MIDI library in MSP, reboot the tablet and repeat the above test.

Rudy
Hallo Rudi,

Bei der ersten Verbindung kam diese Meldung. Seitdem WIRD MSP automatisch aufgerufen, wenn ich eine Verbindung herstelle.
Die von Ihnen vorgeschlagenen Tests habe ich durchgeführt. Im Tablet kommen keine Befehle an bzw. werden keine versandt.
Die Datenübertragung erfolgt über Port 1 hier leuchten div. Lämpchen. Beim Empfang der Daten passiert nichts.
Ich habe zwischenzeitlich den T5 mit einem PC verbunden, auf dem ua Cubase installiert ist. Wenn ich Cubase starte, wird die richtige Registrierung im T5 aufgerufen. Das Dummy-File funktioniert.
Das Tablet wird mit einem OTB-Adapter (USB C auf USB A) und einem normalen USB 2.0 Druckerkabel mit dem T 5 verbunden.
Betriebssystem: Android 11, USB 3.2 C
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE

Mir fällt jetzt nur noch das Druckerkabel ein oder der Adapter

gatzi
Strange, if MSP starts automatically when the USB cable is connected, one would think the connection would be ok ....

You could probably test the adapter by putting a USB stick in it.
If the tablet has access to the usb stick, then the adapter is ok.

When you connected the T5 to the pc, were you using the same USB cable than the one used for the tablet ?

If not, and if the adapter is ok, you could try a test by booting your Tyros in USB storage mode (https://www.dlmanuals.com/manual/yamaha-...manual/104)
Then connect the USB printer cable to your pc, and you should see the Tyros 5 internal harddisk as a drive on your pc.
It that works, then the cable is ok too.

Do you have any software installed on the tablet that uses MIDI ports other than MSP ?
It's usually best to just get a USB-C to USB-B cable if that is what your keyboard expects as you can then avoid all adapters. Monoprice sells those for a couple of dollars, for example. Regardless, can you take a picture of Settings->MIDI Settings in MobileSheetsPro just so I can see what settings you currently have selected? As Rey_a mentioned, using the default MIDI library should probably work fine. We do need to figure out why you are not seeing any messages displayed if you bring up the MIDI listen dialog though. Also, as a side note, when you plug in a MIDI device to connect to MobileSheetsPro, the tablet will often ask if you want to load MobileSheetsPro by default when the device is connected.  It's usually best to decline that, as I've seen instances with some Samsung tablets where that would actually mess up the MIDI connection in MobileSheetsPro if the application was already loaded when you plug in the keyboard (as it will connect to the keyboard while the OS restarts the application unceremoniously due to the detected MIDI connection). You always want to accept the prompt that asks if MobileSheetsPro can communicate with the MIDI device though.

Mike
I just happen to own a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE myself.
I have MSP installed on it, but I had never connected it to one of my keyboards.

So today -as a test - I connected it to my Genos, and the MIDI communication between Genos en Mobilesheets Pro is working fine.
(based on Mike's suggestion I did not select the option to have MobileSheetsPro start automatically when the MIDI device is plugged in)

Rudy
Guten Morgen,

@ Zubersoft Administrator: wie mache ich die generelle Einstellung (generelles Laden MSP) wieder rückgängig, damit ich bei jeder Verbindung die Frage bekomme, ob MSP mit dem T5 kommunizieren kann - ?
Die anderen probiere ich aus. Der Adapter funktioniert ioniert. das hatte ich bereits mit einem USB-Stick getestet.

@Rudy: Bei der Verwendung eines Genos dürfte es kein Problem geben. Die Einstellung ist im T5 vorgeben. Diese Einstellung funktioniert leider nicht beim T5. Das habe ich getestet.

gatzi
(02-03-2022, 07:19 PM)Gatzi Wrote: @Rudy: Bei der Verwendung eines Genos dürfte es kein Problem geben. Die Einstellung ist im T5 vorgeben. Diese Einstellung funktioniert leider nicht beim T5. Das habe ich getestet.

Gatzi,

The test I asked you to perform yesterday, (1) Load the 'All Parts' Midi config on Tyros - 2) play a few notes - 3) check if Tyros sending lights are coming up in Port 1, - 3) Check if received MIDI data is shown on tablet in MSPro screen with title 'Waiting for MIDI data') is merely a test to verify if MSPro is receiving the MIDI messages coming in, when on the other side of the USB cable an other device is generating and sending these MIDI messages.
This test is completely independent of whether a Tyros, Genos or other device is being used to generate the MIDI commands. Also this test will not perform any action. Not load a registration file, not load a song in MSP. Nothing. All it does is display the incoming MIDI messages received in MSPro on the screen. MSPro is not even trying to understand them. Only display them as they are coming in. 
This exact same test I did today with my Galaxy Tab S7 FE, playing some notes on my Genos. And on my tablet , the MIDI messages did show up in MSPro. This is proof that the MIDI communication is working in my setup.

I understand that you said that nothing was showing up in the MSpro screen in your setup. Just to be sure, can you confirm that. (The messages should appear when you are playing a note on Tyros and again when releasing it). Also you should the load the preset version of the 'ALL PARTS' midi config on Tyros when testing. Not one that you have modified.

So if nothing shows up in your setup, MSPro would not be receiving any incoming MIDI messages. So in your case the MIDI communication is not working.

Now if that is the case we need to find out why the messages are not arrving in MSP. As long as they are not arriving, nothing else (loading songs or registrations) will (can) ever work
The issue which prevents the MIDI from showing up can be in any part of the chain between Tyros and MSP
- the USB port on Tyros (this is why I asked to perform the USB storage mode test)
- the USB printer cable (same as above)
- the adapter (which you have now tested with the usb stick)
- the usb port on the tablet (which is now also tested with the USB stick)
- The tablet itself. In the past, there have been (rare) cases where a certain brand/type of tablet had issues with MIDI commands (which is now tested with my Galaxy Tab S7 FE)
- The software on the tablet. (that is why I asked if you had other software installed on the S7 that uses MIDI commands)
- The basic MIDI settings in MSP (that is why Mike asked for a picture of the these settings)
- Other ??? ..

When all of the above is checked and found to be correct/working, the MIDI communication should be working ok in your setup. And once that basic MIDI communication is ok, we can then see if songs/registrations are getting loaded, which of course is the goal.

One thing I do find strange is that when you connected the cable to your tablet, you did get the question if you wanted MSPro to use that connection. So my guess is that the tablet is seeing the Tyros on the other side of the USB cable. I wonder if that would be the case with a defect in a port/cable ..... ??
There is of course also the possibility that a part in the chain is working but unreliabily (with dropouts or so). So when testing the USB stick and Tyros in USB storage mode, could you do some scrolling through the data and not just stop when the first screen with content is shown.

Rudy
(02-03-2022, 07:19 PM)Gatzi Wrote: wie mache ich die generelle Einstellung (generelles Laden MSP) wieder rückgängig, damit ich bei jeder Verbindung die Frage bekomme, ob MSP mit dem T5 kommunizieren kann - ?

On your tablet, go to
- Settings
- Apps
- Find Mobilesheets and tap it
- tap 'als Standard einstellen'
- remove the standard setting

Rudy
Die Standardeinstellung habe ich entfernt.

Ehe ich auf die Fragen eingehe, habe ich ein neues Problem. Wenn MSP mit dem T5 verbunden ist, kommt nach wenigen Sekunden die Meldung, Das MSP nicht reagiert. Foto ist dabei.
Den USB Speichermodus habe ich mit dem Druckerkabel durchgeführt, mit dem ich auch das Tablet verbinde. Die Verbindung PC zu TS funktioniert. Den gleichen Test habe ich mit diesem Kabel zwischen T5 und Tablet durchgeführt. Das Tablet erkennt den T5, die Daten der T5 Festplatte konnte ich sehen und auch einzelne Ordner, Daten öffnen. Diese Verbindung funktioniert ebenfalls.
Einen anderen Stick habe ich ebenfalls mit dem Tablet verbunden. Hat alles funktioniert.
Den Test mit "All Parts" habe ich ebenfalls gemacht. T5 sendet auf Port 1. Den Empfang konnte ich aufgrund der Fehlermeldung nicht durchführen.
Software, die Midi nutzt ist nicht auf dem Tablet. Ich habe jedenfalls keine installiert. Neben den Standardsapps, die mitgeliefert werden, befinden sich Noten als PDF und Audiodateien als MP3 auf dem Tablet.
Die Hardware scheint in Ordnung zu sein. Ich will nicht ausschließen, dass das Problem vor dem Tablet steht.
Bilder sind dabei. Sie wurde allerdings ohne Verbindung zum T5 aufgenommen.

Wenn es gar nicht geht, ist das nicht weiter schlimm. Dann arbeite ich eben wie bisher weiter. Muss dann halt 2 Geräte bedienen.