• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second line under song titles
On the list of song titles under both Songs and Recent, there's a song title then second line with a - for each entry.

Looking at the manual, page 9 shows that screen with Chopin, Beethoven etc occupying that line.

So from that I assume that second line is intended to display a field that none of the entries for my current songs has populated.

Which leads me to two questions that I haven't found the answers to in the manual.  (Not that the answers aren't there; I just haven't manage to find them, probably because I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.)

1. What is the name of the field that populates that line?
2. Can that be changed, i.e. if it's field X that populates the line by default, can I tell it to use field Y instead?
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
It displays whatever is on the Artist and Album fields. 

I use the Artist field to list the composer (i.e. Sergei Rachmaninoff), band, arrangers, and sometimes editors (whatever applies). 
I use the Album field to list the book a song came out of, the larger work it might be part of, the movie/musical/show it comes from and/or the audio album it's from.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
Check Settings>Library Settings>Song Title  Formatting. I don't know about the dash[-] though.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Wonderful!  Thank you ever so much, guys!

I just put the book title into Album and the author/composer into Artist and now I have a much more informative main display window.

Thanks!
Smile
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
That sub title line can be changed, just tap 'Song Title Formatting'>'Caption Format' and a popup with all the options appears. They  display in the same order as entered. The same for 'Title Format'.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
My favourite settings are
Title Format:
%TITLE% %KEYS:- ${VALUE}% %SORT_TITLE:<${VALUE}>%%CUSTOM_GROUPS:(${VALUE})%
I use CUSTOM_GROUPS for alternative titles
Using ${VALUE} takes care that the - and the brackets are not displayed in case the respective fields are not filled
Caption Format:
%CUSTOM:${VALUE} %%RATING%* %CUSTOM2% (%SOURCE_TYPES%) %PAGE_ORDER% %FILE_NAMES%

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

@Mike:
With relatively sophisticated settings like mine it is a bit inconvenient to edit them.
So it would be great if I could have several of them that I can activate / deactivate by just checking / unchecking a checkbox for each variant.
It would even be useful to allow more than one caption line to be activated by these checkboxes
(two line captions by adding a line feed into the caption format already works)
My usecase: a caption line to be used on stage and a different one for maintaining my library.
Currently I store formats in a text file and exchange them via copy/paste.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I can certainly add something akin to a "favorites" where you could store your commonly used format strings, but I'm not sure about checking/unchecking each variant, as I'm not sure what that means in the context of a single format string. I don't plan on supporting multiple captions on different lines at the moment, but I can certainly consider that in the future if it will be useful to people. 

Mike
Storing and reloading formats similar to the implementation of user defined filters would also be a nice way to do it. To be honest: I'm not sure if many users will use it.