• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snippet tool reporting incorrect number of pages in PDF
Hi,
First of all, what an amazing application MobileSheets is!  I have close to 700 pieces of music on my tablet now, sorted, music is easily findable and my back no longer hurts from the weight of music being carried!  Thank you so much.  It's one of the best investments I've ever made.

I am having difficult in creating snippets from an existing PDF.  The PDF is 18 pages and contains 7 or 8 music pieces in those pages.  For example the first piece is the first 3 pages.  I want to create a snippet of this, I click the down arrow on the bottom left, select Create Snippet and the Create Snippet dialog appears.  In the "Pages" widget, the text on the right says "Total number of pages: 1".  I assume this is correct as the page range currently selected is "1-1".  However when I click into the page range textfield and am presented with the "Enter the Page Order" dialog, the dialog says "Total Pages in File: 7".  This should be 18.  I am therefore unable to create a range that includes any pages after page 7.

If I scroll to page 8 and try to create a snippet, the "Enter the Page Order" dialog says "Total Pages in File: 11".  It seems to max out at 11.  If I scroll to page 18 and try to create a snippet from there the "Enter the Page Order" dialog defaults to "11-11" and says "Total Pages in File: 11".

The upshot is the inability to create snippets including pages after page 11.

This would be a nice one to fix for me.

I can provide the pdf in question but as it is copyrighted (I do own the physical copy of the music) I do not want to share on the public forum.

Thanks so much again for this wonderful application.
Please long press your song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com. I can take a look at the song, and provide additional information about what is going on. If there is a bug, I will certainly fix it. I'll delete the song and file after testing.

Thanks,
Mike
Sent. Thanks.
jkenefick,

Your song has two PDFs, not one. You have one 7 page PDF followed by an 11 page PDF. That is why you are seeing those numbers when you try to create a snippet. You can't create a snippet that links to two different PDFs. If this is a problem, I would strongly suggest merging your PDFs into one outside MobileSheetsPro and then replacing the existing files in the song with that one PDF. You can merge multiple PDFs in MobileSheetsPro by long pressing the song on the library screen, tapping Share->Export files and checking the "Join into one PDF" option. 

In the future, I am going to add an option while importing to join all of the files into a single PDF. I will also be adding an option in the song editor to combine multiple files into one PDF.

Mike