• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot export as msf
I have a piece with annotations and I cannot export it as msf.  
I get this message when I try to export it (after selecting destination and options):

The destination is not full nor is an SD card.  I've tried to a local folder and also to Google Drive which I use all the time.
It seems to be complaining about the MSP cache folder but any other pieces seem to export fine.

Any idea what can be causing this?
Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Without knowing more details, that seems like some kind of unrecoverable error is occurring during the export. Normally I would ask for you to export the piece, but seeing as how that isn't possible, the only other way for me to try to reproduce the issue would be a full library backup file. Let me know if you want to upload that for me to test, otherwise I'll need a lot more information about the piece, and you may have to try removing things from the piece until it exports successfully so we can identify what is the problem. One thing you can try doing is uncheck the option to export annotations and see if that is successful. If so, we know the problem is related to the annotations in the score.

Mike
It seems to be related to some annotation problem. It exports fine without them.
What I ended up doing is using the 'Export files' method and including annotations and it worked ok. 
Then use that pdf instead, add the metadata and get ride of the corrupted piece.

If I need to edit the annotations (now embedded in the pdf) I can enable the option in the annotation settings menu which I have usually disabled.

Does it sound like a solution?
Donner BT pedal
That is a perfectly fine workaround. I would have liked to know what was causing the error, but hopefully it was a rare issue that won't pop up again at any point.

Mike
(04-19-2022, 07:04 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That is a perfectly fine workaround. I would have liked to know what was causing the error, but hopefully it was a rare issue that won't pop up again at any point.

Mike

I'll PM you with a link to the Backup file in case you want to take a look.

Juan
Donner BT pedal
It appears the issue was due to the song referencing a custom stamp that was not present in the storage (perhaps it was deleted?). I've updated the code to handle this so that the export will succeed, but if the file is imported, the custom stamp will still be missing on the other device.

Mike
(04-19-2022, 04:19 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: It appears the issue was due to the song referencing a custom stamp that was not present in the storage (perhaps it was deleted?). I've updated the code to handle this so that the export will succeed, but if the file is imported, the custom stamp will still be missing on the other device.

Mike

Thanks Mike!
Donner BT pedal