• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with zoom tool
When I use the zoom/pan tool in the annotation editor and I'm in either half page or scroll mode, the zoom displays parts of the screen not zoomed.
For example in half page mode, usually I can see part of the previous half at 100% zoom on the left corner while the rest of the screen is zoomed in.
(You need to be on the second page or further to see it)

Similarly, in scroll mode, I'll see the previous or next page at 100% (not zoomed).  

Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
While annotating, zooming is done per page. So with the vertical scrolling display mode, you can certainly see one page zoomed and another not zoomed. So that's not technically a bug. The other behavior you are observing with the half page display mode does seem like a bug, so I'll look into that.

Thanks,
Mike
Another interesting thing I just noticed - if I'm on the second page, then I zoom in and back out and release the zoom, I can no longer reproduce the problem with the first page showing up while zooming. So there is an easy workaround for it.

Mike
(04-26-2022, 03:15 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Another interesting thing I just noticed - if I'm on the second page, then I zoom in and back out and release the zoom, I can no longer reproduce the problem with the first page showing up while zooming. So there is an easy workaround for it.

Mike

Yes, I noticed that actually so I thought that it was happening randomly because sometimes I couldn't reproduce it after switching pages. That explains it.
Donner BT pedal
(04-26-2022, 03:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: While annotating, zooming is done per page. 

Well I find that sometimes both pages zoom equally ...  Shouldn't only zoom the one where I pinch?
Donner BT pedal
(04-26-2022, 03:25 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 03:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: While annotating, zooming is done per page. 

Well I find that sometimes both pages zoom equally ...  Shouldn't only zoom the one where I pinch?

Actually I just noticed that both pages zoom but in view mode (outside annotation) with two finger pinch.  
BTW Where do I choose to zoom with 2 fingers? is this  a default touch setting?  

The different zooms happen only in annot mode with the zoom tool.
Donner BT pedal
If you zoom outside the annotation mode while using the vertical scrolling display mode, it zooms all pages the same amount and saves that zoom in the database so that the next time you load the song, it zooms that amount. Zooming in the annotation editor is more of a temporary action, as the zoom is cleared when exiting the annotation editor by default. So that is why you only see the zooming applied to a single page when annotating. Having said that, there is unusual behavior if you uncheck the option to "Reset zoom after exiting", but then you zoom in while using the vertical scrolling display mode. If you do this, then you can get different zoom amounts on pages even after exiting the annotation editor. That is undesired behavior, so I will probably adjust this so that if that setting is unchecked, zooming in the vertical scrolling display mode is applied to all pages while in the annotation editor.

I'm not sure what you mean by your question about where to choose zooming with two fingers. The pinch gesture is the only way to zoom at the moment. If you open the song overlay, tap the second icon at the bottom left and then Zoom/Pan Settings, you can change some zoom-related settings there, such as whether zooming is saved in the database or not. 

Mike
(04-26-2022, 03:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by your question about where to choose zooming with two fingers. The pinch gesture is the only way to zoom at the moment. If you open the song overlay, tap the second icon at the bottom left and then Zoom/Pan Settings, you can change some zoom-related settings there, such as whether zooming is saved in the database or not. 

What I meant earlier is that I thought that there was a choice for how to zoom, duh, nevermind.

But I don't see zoom/pan setting item in the display menu ...

Donner BT pedal
Those options only show up if you use a display mode that supports saving zooming/panning such as the single page display mode or vertical scrolling display mode. If you switch modes, you'll see that option.

Mike
Got it. Thanks. 
Juan
Donner BT pedal
Mike, 
I've been hopping  for a fix on the zooming problem when in  annotation mode with half page display as described above a couple of months ago. When do you think that you'll be able to get to it?

Donner BT pedal
Just fixed this with the update I'm about to release. Sorry for dropping the ball on it.

Mike
(05-12-2022, 04:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Just fixed this with the update I'm about to release. Sorry for dropping the ball on it.

Mike
Great, thanks Mike.
Donner BT pedal