• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about pages
What I am looking to do is import a list of all my songs with tempo and other data on it contained in a csv file exported from setlist helper.  What I don't understand is this linking to pdf pages, and to be honest why this seems to be so difficult.  

How can I import 300 songs from a csv file please?  No pdf, all in chordpro format.  Thanks
I'm not sure you can do that.

As I understand it, CSV files are restricted to a single file containing the "music" e.g. a big pdf file with the csv file being used to identify songs within the pdf. In your case, it sounds as though you are trying to use a single csv file to import 300 individual chordpro files.

I believe there is a way to automatically fill in some of the meta data about a song (never used it) but it is unlikely that this will satisfy all your requirements.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(04-27-2022, 10:05 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I'm not sure you can do that.

As I understand it, CSV files are restricted to a single file containing the "music" e.g. a big pdf file with the csv file being used to identify songs within the pdf. In your case, it sounds as though you are trying to use a single csv file to import 300 individual chordpro files.

I believe there is a way to automatically fill in some of the meta data about a song (never used it) but it is unlikely that this will satisfy all your requirements.

Geoff

Thanks for the response.  I've worked out how to import songs from a folder, which seems to be the only way to do it.  Now I have to manually change the artist for each song.  I was also hoping to import the songs and put the tempo info as custom1 so that I can sort by tempo in Mobilesheets.  Sort by tempo is pretty important for me as I am a looping performer.  So now I have to copy that for each song as well. 

As for meta data, I am not really sure what all that is.  Is that the tags in the chordpro file such as title and subtitle etc?  I figure it is all just basic text, so I don't see why that is hard as it doesn't have to be a separate file, it can be contained in the CSV itself.  With all that being said though, I am here because I think MobileSheets has the goods on setlist helper.  But setlist helper had a simple bulk add option that made life a lot easier.  

a sample is below  It looks messy because of all the chordpro lyrics in there.  Even if I had to redo the lyrics, I could live with that.  I mean, I can live with any of it, but just seems a bit more difficult than I think it should be.    Just a bit annoying having to redo the tempo, as well as changing the chordpro file so that all the subtitles are changed to artists so that I have artist info for approx 300 songs

Thanks  

Code:
Name    Artists    Notes    Lyrics    Custom
Cake By The Ocean    DNCE        {t:Cake By The Ocean}  {st:DNCE}      This riff is repeated throughout the song along with   the chords.    e|-[Em]----[Bm]----------[Am]------[C]-------------------------|  B|----------------------------------------------|  G|----------------------------------------------|  D|----------------------------------------------|  A|-----2-2-2-2-1-0---0-3-3-3-3-2----------------|  E|-0-0---------------------------0--------------|      [Intro]    e|-[Em]----[Bm]----------[Am]------[C]-------------------------|  B|----------------------------------------------|  G|----------------------------------------------|  D|----------------------------------------------| x2  A|-----2-2-2-2-1-0---0-3-3-3-3-2----------------|  E|-0-0---------------------------0--------------|        [Verse 1]    [Em]Oh, no[Bm]    [Am]See you walking '[C]round like it's a [Em]funeral [Bm]    [Am]Not so seri[C]ous, girl; why those [Em]feet cold? [Bm]    [Am]We just getting [C]started; don't you [Em]tiptoe[Bm], tip[Am]toe, [C]    ah      [Pre-Chorus]    [Em]Waste time with a m[Bm]asterpiece, don't waste t[Am]ime with    a maste[C]rpiece  [Em]You should be r[Bm]olling with me, you s[Am]hould be rolling   with [C]me, ah  [Em]You're a real-life f[Bm]antasy, you're a r[Am]eal-life       [C]   fantasy  [Em]But you're moving so [Bm]carefully; let's [Am]start living   dangerously      [Chorus]    [Em]Talk to me, [Bm]baby [Am]    I'm [C]going blind from [Em]this sweet sweet [Bm]craving, whoa-[Am]oh  Let's [C]lose our minds and [Em]go fucking [Bm]crazy [Am]    I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean  [Em]Walk for me,[Bm] baby[Am]    [C]I'll be Diddy,  [Em]you'll be [Bm]Naomi, whoa-[Am]oh  Let's [C]lose our minds and [Em]go fucking [Bm]crazy [Am]    I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean    [Instrumental]    [Em]e|-[Bm]---[Am]---[C]---------------------------------------|  B|----------------------------------------------|  G|----------------------------------------------|  D|----------------------------------------------|  A|-----2-2-2-2-1-0---0-3-3-3-3-2----------------|  E|-0-0---------------------------0--------------|      [Verse 2]    [Em]God da[Bm]mn  [Am]See you licking f[C]rosting from your [Em]own hand[Bm]s   [Am]Want another [C]taste, I'm begging, [Em]yes ma'a[Bm]m   I'm[Am] tired of all this[C] candy on the[Em] dry lan[Bm]d, dry[Am] land,  [C]oh      [Pre-Chorus]    [Em]Waste time with a m[Bm]asterpiece, don't waste t[Am]ime with    a maste[C]rpiece  [Em]You should be r[Bm]olling with me, you s[Am]hould be rolling   with [C]me, ah  [Em]You're a real-life f[Bm]antasy, you're a r[Am]eal-life       [C]   fantasy  [Em]But you're moving so [Bm]carefully; let's [Am]start living   dangerously      [Chorus]    [Em]Talk to me, [Bm]baby [Am]    I'm [C]going blind from [Em]this sweet sweet [Bm]craving, whoa-[Am]oh  Let's [C]lose our minds and [Em]go fucking [Bm]crazy [Am]    I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean  [Em]Walk for me,[Bm] baby[Am]    [C]I'll be Diddy,  [Em]you'll be [Bm]Naomi, whoa-[Am]oh  Let's [C]lose our minds and [Em]go fucking [Bm]crazy [Am]    I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean    [Em]oooo[Bm]oh ah [Am]ah  I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean  [Em]oooo[Bm]oh ah [Am]ah  I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean      [Bridge]    [Em]   [Bm]   [Am] You're fucking delicious[C],  [Em]   [Bm]    Talk to me girl      [Chorus]    [Em]Talk to me, [Bm]baby [Am]    I'm [C]going blind from [Em]this sweet sweet [Bm]craving, whoa-[Am]oh  Let's [C]lose our minds and [Em]go fucking [Bm]crazy [Am]    I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean  [Em]Walk for me,[Bm] baby[Am]    [C]I'll be Diddy,  [Em]you'll be [Bm]Naomi, whoa-[Am]oh  Let's [C]lose our minds and [Em]go fucking [Bm]crazy [Am]    I-[C]I-I-I-I-[Em]I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean      [Outro]    [Em]  Red [Bm]velvet, [Am]vanilla,   [C]Chocolate in my [Em]life  [Bm]Funfetti, I'm [Am]ready;  I [C]need it every ni[Em]ght  Red [Bm]velvet, [Am]vanilla,   [C]Chocolate in my [Em]life (I-I-I-I-I)  I keep on [Bm]hoping we'll eat c[Am]ake by the o[C]cean   {tempo:119}  {scrollspeed:6}     119
Can't Feel My Face    The Weeknd        {t:Can't Feel My Face}  {st:The Weeknd}     JB notes Capo 3 same chords            {tempo:108}  {scrollspeed:6}    108
Can't Help Falling In Love    Elvis Presley        {t:Can't Help Falling In Love}  {st:Elvis Presley}      {tempo:50}  {scrollspeed:6}    50
Can't Stop The Feeling    JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE        {t:Can't Stop The Feeling}  {st:Justin Timberlake}     JB notes capo 2nd and down 5 steps       [Intro]        [C] [Am] [F] [Am]             [Verse 1]        I got this [C]feeling inside my [Am]bones    It goes [F]electric, wavey when I turn it [Am]on    All through my [C]city, all through my [Am]home    We're flying [F]up, no ceiling, when we in our [Am]zone            [Refrain]        I got that [C]sunshine in my pocket    Got that good [Am]soul in my feet    I feel that [F]hot blood in my body when it [Am]drops    I [C]can't take my eyes up off it, moving [Am]so phenomenally    Room on [F]lock, the way we rock it, so don't [Am]stop            [Pre Chorus]        And under the [Bb/C]lights when everything [C]goes    Nowhere to [Bb/C]hide when I'm getting you [C]close    When we [Ab/Bb]move, well, you already [Bb]know    So just [Fm7]imagine, just imagine, just [Ab/Bb]imagine            [Chorus]        [C]Nothing I can see but you when you [Am]dance, dance, dance    [F]A feeling good, good, creeping up on you    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance, come on    [C]All those things I shouldn't do    But you [Am]dance, dance, dance    And [F]ain't nobody leaving soon, so keep [Am]dancing    I can't stop the [C]feeling    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance    I can't stop the [F]feeling    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance, come on            [Verse 2]        [C]Ooh, it's something [Am]magical    It's in the [F]air, it's in my blood, it's rushing [Am]on    I don't need no [C]reason, don't need con[Am]trol    I fly so [F]high, no ceiling, when I'm in my [Am]zone            [Refrain]        Cause I got that [C]sunshine in my pocket    Got that good [Am]soul in my feet    I feel that [F]hot blood in my body when it [Am]drops    I [C]can't take my eyes up off it, moving [Am]so phenomenally    Room on [F]lock, the way we rock it, so don't [Am]stop            [Pre Chorus]        And under the [Bb/C]lights when everything [C]goes    Nowhere to [Bb/C]hide when I'm getting you [C]close    When we [Ab/Bb]move, well, you already [Bb]know    So just [Fm7]imagine, just imagine, just [Ab/Bb]imagine            [Chorus]        [C]Nothing I can see but you when you [Am]dance, dance, dance    [F]A feeling good, good, creeping up on you    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance, come on    [C]All those things I shouldn't do    But you [Am]dance, dance, dance    And [F]ain't nobody leaving soon, so keep [Am]dancing    I can't stop the [C]feeling    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance    I can't stop the [F]feeling    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance    I can't stop the [C]feeling    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance    I can't stop the [F]feeling    So keep [Am]dancing, come on            [Bridge]        [C] [Am] [F] [Am]         I can't stop th[C]e, [Am]      I can't stop th[F]e  [Am]      [N.C.]I can't stop the, I can't stop the        I can't stop the feeling            [Chorus]        [C]Nothing I can see but you when you [Am]dance, dance, dance    [F]A feeling good, good, creeping up on you    So just [Am]dance, dance, dance, come on    [C]All those things I shouldn't do    But you [Am]dance, dance, dance    And [F]ain't nobody leaving soon, so keep [Am]dancing            [Outro]        Everybody sing    (I can't stop the [C]feeling)    Got this feeling in my [Am]body    (I can't stop the [F]feeling)    Got this feeling in my [Am]body    (I can't stop the [C]feeling)    Wanna see you move your [Am]body    (I can't stop the [F]feeling)    Got this feeling in my [Am]body    [N.C.]Break it down        Got this feeling in my body        Can't stop the feeling        Got this feeling in my body, come on            ------------------------------------------------------------------        VIDEO LESSON - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLW0Odh1p4s    ------------------------------------------------------------------           {tempo:113}  {scrollspeed:6}     113
The current CSV feature is designed around breaking up large PDFs - that was the sole intent when adding that. A bulk import option with CSV that is used to import multiple files and is more a means to populate metadata (artist, album, genre, etc) is certainly something I would like to support, but there is nothing like that available at the moment. If you put the metadata in the chord pro files themselves, then you could just batch import them and MobileSheets would automatically update all of the songs with that information. So that's the other way to handle it. You can populate almost any metadata field in MobileSheets through chord pro directives.

While I certainly see the benefit in supporting CSV files for populating metadata for large numbers of files at once, I don't think most users have CSV files like that available when they start using the app. Most users just have a selection of files that they want to import, and many do not care about populating the metadata (at least not at first). So that is why I really don't get many requests for this kind of functionality.

Mike
(04-28-2022, 04:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The current CSV feature is designed around breaking up large PDFs - that was the sole intent when adding that. A bulk import option with CSV that is used to import multiple files and is more a means to populate metadata (artist, album, genre, etc) is certainly something I would like to support, but there is nothing like that available at the moment. If you put the metadata in the chord pro files themselves, then you could just batch import them and MobileSheets would automatically update all of the songs with that information. So that's the other way to handle it. You can populate almost any metadata field in MobileSheets through chord pro directives.

While I certainly see the benefit in supporting CSV files for populating metadata for large numbers of files at once, I don't think most users have CSV files like that available when they start using the app. Most users just have a selection of files that they want to import, and many do not care about populating the metadata (at least not at first). So that is why I really don't get many requests for this kind of functionality.

Mike
Hi Mike,  thankyou for your quick reply.  One of the reasons I changed from Setlist Helper was because it is a fairly slow process to update the metadata.  The "add multiple songs" feature on it only allows for adding of song name, artist and key only.  I can't populate other metadata.  

If you had it, the CSV option makes for a very easy way to start again if I need to as well.  You know... when you just feel like something weird is going on with a database or something, you just delete everything, and reimport from the csv file. 

And lastly, I think you will get new customers if people can just have a list of songs and go "add" and the job is done.  At the moment, there is a pretty big time cost of changing from another app or book based system to this.  

Just my thoughts.  I am certainly enjoying the app and its potential.  But... I didn't actually practice a single song yesterday...  Smile