• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finale files
Hello,

I have tried Mobile sheet (windows) and it looks great.
I have different music for different instruments.

At this moment I am using a program who keeps PDF files, wav and Mp3 files and .Musx files (Finale notation software)
Is there a possibility, or maybe will there come a possibility, to keep this finale files also into the system.
I can keep it into the current program but then I am losing connection between pdf and finale file.

It should make me very happy.

Regards,

René
Hello,

I tried mobile sheet for a couple of days.
At this moment I am using a self made program to organise my mucis, notes and Finale files (notations software)

I want to use a tablet for showing the notes I have to play.
But the program has no possibility for saving my Finale files.

Is there a solution for saving Finale files (.musx) in the program??

Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

René
There is only one option at the moment to link to files which are not managed by MobileSheets. You can place a smart button on one of the pages of your song, then link that smart button to the finale file. If the button is clicked, it will attempt to open the file in whatever application is installed to handle that file type. Give this a try and see if it will meet your needs. Just be aware that the finale files themselves will not be managed by MobileSheets, meaning they won't be included in library backups or synchronized across when using the library sync feature. You will have to handle those files yourself.

Mike
I manage my files myself, on Android: "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" OFF, on Win10: set MobileSheets storage location to a folder outside of "LocalState". So my .MSCZ files (.MSCZ is for Musescore what .MUSX is for Finale) can stay in the  same folders as the PDFs exported from them.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(05-11-2022, 05:03 PM)itsme Wrote: I manage my files myself, on Android: "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" OFF, on Win10: set MobileSheets storage location to a folder outside of "LocalState". So my .MSCZ files (.MSCZ is for Musescore what .MUSX is for Finale) can stay in the  same folders as the PDFs exported from them.

Hello,
Thanks for the answer but:

I have already for every song a map.
Ofcourse I can copy the Finale files into that directory.
But then I have to manage the finale files manualy.
By example: mostly I have a finale file for the choir, for the organ and choir etc.
So if I copy the files into that directory I have to search in mobile sheet the song: then look with directory the file(s) is stored.
Then open Finale, go to that directory and open the file.

A better solution should be:
an option in the program, an extra TAB, there where you have the audiofile and midi file.
When we can add there the files they are automaticly in the directory from that song.
Dubble click should automaticly opened finale with the right file loaded.

I think a realy simple solution and simple to make???

Regards,

René
(05-11-2022, 04:41 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: There is only one option at the moment to link to files which are not managed by MobileSheets. You can place a smart button on one of the pages of your song, then link that smart button to the finale file. If the button is clicked, it will attempt to open the file in whatever application is installed to handle that file type. Give this a try and see if it will meet your needs. Just be aware that the finale files themselves will not be managed by MobileSheets, meaning they won't be included in library backups or synchronized across when using the library sync feature. You will have to handle those files yourself.

Mike

Hello thanks for the answer.
I tried to put a smart button but cannot find where.
The problem (small) with the program is that there are no tooltips on the buttons.
Maybe the language translation is the problem for that? (Netherland)

Regards,

René

ps I cannot find the difference between the free version and the version I have to pay.
You could set the MobileSheets Storage Location to a folder "above" your existing folder structure, so that all your existing folders become subdirectories of the MobileSheets Storage Location. Every file can stay where it is. You store the PDFs somewhere in that structure, I propose in the same folder as the .MUSX that it is exported from.
Or add a smart button into the PDF that points to the .MUSX and opens Finale.
Or use the external PDFLink tool to add links into the PDF as described here:
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5595
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

AFAIK it's also not necessary to put your Finale files into the MSP folder or to change your folder structure. Personally I prefer it this way, though, since it's easier to structure and it can altogether backupped and synced more conveniently.

But you can link and start the Finale files with a smartbutton well from paths from outside the MSP dir and needn't change the location of your Finale files.
I prefer PDF and MSCZ in the same path within the MSP folder because I copy everything (the files and folders + the MSP database(s)) between Win10 and Android devices.

So do I, that's what I meant with my preference. But if René doesn't like or want that, than a smart button to an "external" file should be doing what he wants. [b]eterwoor[/b]
(05-12-2022, 01:20 AM)BRX Wrote: So do I, that's what I meant with my preference. But if René doesn't like or want that, than a smart button to an "external" file should be doing what he wants. [b]eterwoor[/b]

Hello,

I want to do it the easyest way. But I have lots of finale files.
If I have to organize them by hand it's a lot work.

If I understood it well: 
I can copy the finale files into the same directory as the pdf file. (my program makes for every song a seperate directory)
That is no problem. But:  say I have a song and I want the finale file: then first have to look exactly how the directory is called, then go with the explorer to that director and open the file.
Then I think a link into the pdf is easier. But I have no program to do that.
I looked on the internet and found APP-PDF-Link but that is code not a programm.

Does anyone has that program or an other program to do that???

Maybe these are strange questions but I don't know how to do it??
Thanks,

René
I believe you can drag & drop the file into MobileSheets while viewing your song and it will create a smart button from the linked file. There is currently an issue where the page doesn't refresh after the button is added, but if you tap to hide/show the overlay, it will appear. I will get that fixed for the next update. If you need to reposition the button, long press and drag it to the next position.

Mike
(05-14-2022, 05:39 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I believe you can drag & drop the file into MobileSheets while viewing your song and it will create a smart button from the linked file. There is currently an issue where the page doesn't refresh after the button is added, but if you tap to hide/show the overlay, it will appear. I will get that fixed for the next update. If you need to reposition the button, long press and drag it to the next position.

Mike

Hello Mike,

that works. Great.

The last question:  can I delete the connection? I tried del or right mouse but doesn't work.

Regards,

René
(05-14-2022, 06:36 PM)reneterwoord Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 05:39 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I believe you can drag & drop the file into MobileSheets while viewing your song and it will create a smart button from the linked file. There is currently an issue where the page doesn't refresh after the button is added, but if you tap to hide/show the overlay, it will appear. I will get that fixed for the next update. If you need to reposition the button, long press and drag it to the next position.

Mike

Hello it works. I also able to delete the connection. Very nice thanks.

Last question:  I am using Mobile sheet on my tablet(windows) and I was using Mobile sheet pro Companion to edit etc the files.
In the companion software: can I make a connection between PDF and .MUSX ??

Thanks again.

Regards,
René
Open the smart button window in the bottom right corner of the song overlay (the icon with a finger tapping a rectangle) and you can tap the X icon to delete the smart button. You can long press a smart button in the list to edit it. 

In the companion application, you can't make a connection between PDF and .musx. You could have a hyperlink in the PDF file that, when tapped, loads a .musx file based on a relative path. You would then just need to ensure the .musx file is in the same directory as the PDF.

Mike