• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sync android & windows apps
hi -

i've been using the android version on a tablet for quite some time for choir practice. recently i have joined a brass band and often practice on my windows 11 pc on a large screen at home. i purchased the windows 11 version in the hopes that i could maintain/sync the same libraries on both devices.

please help me figure out how to connect the two devices and sorry i have missed similar threads, but my search did not reveal any answers.

thanks!

- tom
Hello Tom,

On the library screen, tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen and then "Sync Library->Sync to another device". Set the Android tablet as the server, and change the sync type to "Update Client". You can then tap "Create Server", switch to the Windows device, go to the same sync screen, set the type to "Client", click on the Android tablet that should appear, and then click "Connect". Then the sync will proceed and push over changes as necessary. This works best if you only make changes on one device at a time and use a one-way sync. You can use the two-way sync, but anything you've deleted will be recreated if you do that. 

As a side note, creating a library backup file on the Android device under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, transferring that .msb file to the Windows device and restoring it under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup is the first step you should take. This will ensure both devices have identical libraries which will make future synchronizations very quick and smooth.

Mike
thanks, mike. that worked great!