• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying in sync (slave tablet)
I often use MSPro on two or more tablets, that are connected as server/client. When I select a song on the server tablet, the clients follows.

Occasionally, while processing a setlist, a client can get out of sync. For example, when the client player accidentally touches the screen and moves the scroll. It then stays out of sync.

Would it be possible to re-sync client(s) with the server at the start of each new song from the playlist? Or have some kind of 'restricted client' mode where all user input from the client is ignored?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(06-30-2022, 07:00 PM)sciurius Wrote: I often use MSPro on two or more tablets, that are connected as server/client. When I select a song on the server tablet, the clients follows.

Occasionally, while processing a setlist, a client can get out of sync. For example, when the client player accidentally touches the screen and moves the scroll. It then stays out of sync.

Would it be possible to re-sync client(s) with the server at the start of each new song from the playlist? Or have some kind of 'restricted client' mode where all user input from the client is ignored?

Yes, at the moment the client/follower can override "being on the same page".
At the moment the leader should watch followers not to touch the devices while loading pieces. Easy to do in smaller ensembles.
If followers do touch at the wrong time leader needs to repeat the action to sync again.
I learned these lessons many times and will now always watch followers while I am selecting a new piece/song as a leader.

On the other hand I don't want to disable the followers to not to perform any action on their devices.
(06-30-2022, 07:35 PM)otnt Wrote: On the other hand I don't want to disable the followers to not to perform any action on their devices.

Sure, you can agree to not change the device. Works most of the time.

The usual problem is when they accidentally touch the screen and change something.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
The clients can go to Settings->Touch &Pedal Settings->Touch Actions and disable taps and swipes to turn pages. That would resolve that issue. Under the "Connect Tablets" settings, you will see there is an option to keep tablets on the same page. That should force a sync each time a page is turned.

Mike
Interesting to hear that your tablets will stay out of sync if the follower changes pieces. In my case I have it set up to allow the followers to change pieces independently but when the leader changes pieces it always brings the followers back to the same piece as the leader. The only exceptions I've found to this are if the leader has a filter applied to a setlist (the leader will skip the pieces that have been filtered out but the follower doesn't, a glitch I've pointed out to Mike) or if a follower goes back to the library, in which case the leader changing to a new piece will sometimes bring the follower to that piece and sometimes won't. In that second case I've found that taking the leader back to the library and then choosing a piece again always brings the follower back to that piece. I haven't seen the behaviour you describe but that may just be because I'm using different settings etc.