• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android emulation for iPad Now changed to Android MSP download dumb question?
I'm running MS Pro on a chromebook, but I have a good deal on an iPad with good screen resolution.  Chromebooks aren't working for me, I'm happier with a tablet. 

Is there any way to run MS on an iPad with an emulation program, like Wine for Linux?  I did a search but didn't see anyone being successful.

Now I'm beginning to wish I'd gone the Galaxy route instead.
You will have to wait till Mobilesheets for IPad comes out hopefully in a few months.  You can always try another program on the iPad. I found in Windows I have to programs for music reading just in case.
(07-16-2022, 12:18 AM)InstrEd Wrote: You will have to wait till Mobilesheets for IPad comes out hopefully in a few months.  You can always try another program on the iPad. I found in Windows I have to programs for music reading just in case.

I canceled my iPad order, going to try the Galaxy Tab instead for a variety of reason, one being that I really like MSP.

I have MSP on my Amazon Fire and on my Chromebook, two separate versions purchased separately.  

Will one of those work on the new tablet?  If need be I can buy another copy, it's worth it to me, but maybe I can just download it?  

Or, I have both stored on a microSD, if I move that chip does it just work?
If you brought from the Google play store, then yes you will be able to just download it again. If you brought from zubersoft direct store then no. Mike only allows one license that way.
Also, you can use the google play store key on multiple android devices - you don't have to remove it from one device to install on another.

@Mike - I think you missed a trick there

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff - That's just how the Google Play Store works. It's meant to allow users to install the app on every device they own which is a reasonable expectation. It could be abused (which is in violation of the Google Play Terms of Service), but there isn't much I can do about that unfortunately. I have to hope that the users that care will want to continue supporting MobileSheets and future development. I don't want to move to a more aggressive licensing model that requires contacting a licensing server with periodic internet access because a lot of users need offline access to the app, and I'd rather trust the majority of users that are using things properly versus punishing everyone for the small number that may abuse the model.

Mike
I understand that Mike

It is just that in the past I have seen posts indicating tha several/many members in a group are sharing a licence
This could be a significant loss of income for you.

I  just hope they see the error of their ways and you get the benefit for all your hard work.

Cheers Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6