• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching from Android to iPad?
I have a few questions on the app.

1) I am using an Android tablet now. If I ever switch to an iPad, can I still use the MSB file (backed up from the Android tablet) and restore my work seamlessly on the iPad? Or will there be issues because they are two different operating systems? 

2) I am loving the app so far. But just wondering if the app ever gets discontinued what will happen to all my annotations? As a musician, the annotations take me countless hours to do. Will I lose my work forever? Can I take the MSB file and transfer it to another music app? I hope Mobile Sheets will be around for a long time but just wondering the worst case scenario. 

2) If I am already saving the back up (MSB file) to Google Drive, are there any benefits in selecting Google Drive in the "Set the MobileSheets Storage Location"? 
Basically I want to make sure if my tablet is stolen or broken, I can still restore my work. That's why I don't want to store things locally in the tablet. 

Thanks.
Yes, you can certainly restore your Android backup file in the iPadOS version. I definitely do all I can to ensure every feature is supported on all platforms so that it's easy to switch platforms if needed or work with users on other platforms. 

There are certainly no plans to ever discontinue MobileSheets, but if you ever need to, you can export your entire library with all annotations. To do this, go to the Songs tab, long press a song to start selection mode, tap the select all icon at the bottom right and then tap Share->Export files. Check the option to export annotations and all of the files will be written to the selected directory with annotations embedded in them.

You can't set the MobileSheets storage location to a Google Drive folder - you have to select a folder on the device itself. This is to ensure MobileSheets can always operate without an internet connection. You can sync your library to a Google Drive folder if desired. On the library screen, tap the three dots at the top right, then Sync Library->Sync to a cloud folder and select a folder in your Google Drive account. The entire library will be uploaded to that folder and you can sync another device to that folder if desired.

Mike