• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
landscape Mode
I have figured out how to use landscape mode to get a magnified image.

Take two images per page.  
use the cropping tool to crop off the bottom 1/2 of the first page
then use the cropping tool to crop off the top half of the second page.

it takes a little longer to enter a piece, and with some of my music going 4 or 5 pages, it seems to take forever

but the image viewed is almost double the size of the printed page.  Good for the old eyes.

1 (top)
1 (bottom)
2 (top)
2 (bottom)
3 (top)
3 (bottom)
4 (top)
4 (bottom)
You can also use the vertical scrolling display mode with page scaling set to "Fit Width" and half page turns enabled for the vertical scrolling display mode. That would effectively accomplish the same thing without as much setup.

Mike
I'm very sorry, but it is very hard for me to navigate all the maze of menus you have.

I'd need a step-by-step.

It would also help if your menus were consistently labeled. 

I am in 4 performing groups, and my individual practice regimen is a set list.  I use Mobile Sheets a bunch.  But there is no search function and I can't find things.
As you have 4 groups, you are probably doing most of the  following but I'm writing this in case it helps you.

I'm in 3 groups and don't have any issues finding songs.

Each song name contains the name of the appropriate group and each group has it's own collection. 
My songs are chord sheets stored as pdfs (with a few ChordPro.)
Where a song is common between groups, I tend to give each group it's own file i.e. not shared; this means modifying for one group doesn't affect the other group.
Note: It is possible to set the displayed name to include the collection but I have chosen to explicitly include it in the file name.

When creating a setlist, I restrict the view to those songs in the group collection (or possible collections if including Xmas songs).
Each collection has about 250 songs and I can usually remember what letter the song names start with (I put the group related bit at the tail of the name e.g. " - Pub"
Knowing the initial letter(s) means that I can use the index list to display songs for the known letter. I can then find the song by scrolling the list or, if there are a lot of songs for that letter, long pressing the letter and selecting a subsequent letter from the displayed sub list.

If I can only remember something in the song title then I use the filter to restrict songs to the required text (press 3 vertical dots and select Show/Hide Filters as required)

I don't find the menus inconsistently labelled; they are context sensitive to what is being displayed (if they weren't, they would be unmanageably long).
Having a step-by-step guide to the menus would probably mean that you have a menu system of the menu options (totally unnecessary when one can just try different options and cancel out if not appropriate).
One of the main benefits of MSP is that it allows users to configure it as they want; the downside is that this makes it sometimes a bit more difficult trying to work out how to do something. For example, the context sensitive nature of the menus means that when I want to email a setlist to non MSP members, I have to remember to select the list from the "list of Setlists" rather than trying to do while "editing" the set list.

Whenever I use a new program or feature, I always try to learn something new rather than just doing the bare minimum to get the work done. Reading the manual thoroughly and playing around with various options gives an insight on how the program/feature works (I'm not suggesting you haven't read the  manual so please don't take umbrage)

MSP has many features that I don't know about and I typically learn about them by reading these forums.

One thing that MSP doesn't do is that you can't use it to find things in the contents of a song rather than in the file name - I haven't had this requirement so it is not an issue. For the odd occasion when you only know part of a lyric, one can always plug it into google to determine the song name.

I hope this reply helps you

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Sorry for the confusion.

I have no trouble with set-lists.  Finding a song is not a problem for me because I save songs by their names.  I have other means of finding which piece I want.  I use Musescore, I write and arrange my own songs and most have no lyrics.  Right now I have a few hundred.
I play in Church and have all the liturgical music in one place.  I do a Set-list called "This Sunday." 
Each of the community bands has a set-list of all the music in the folder, and also a list of what is planned for "this week's rehearsal."
I play several instruments hand have a set-list for each instrument labeled: Clarinet Set-list ed. al.

I want to use the MIDI function more. I play an electronic wind instrument, and Mobilesheets can play backer tracks.

But when I want to find a certain thing, like "hide the slider" I am vexed.

Thanks for the help
Load your score, tap the center of the screen to bring up the song overlay, tap the display mode icon at the bottom to the left of the page scaling icon with blue arrows and then change the default display mode dropdown to "Vertical Scrolling". You will see a checkbox for enabling half page turns, so check that.  Tap OK to close the dialog. Now tap the page scaling icon and change the default page scaling dropdown to "Fit Width". Now try it out.

I have another person helping me put together tutorial videos, so those are in the works and the first set of videos (~8) will be published in the next month or two.

Mike
Thank you.

Please remember that this grizzled old jazz player i  not likely to tap the center of the screen looking for a menu. 

I appreciate all the advice.  I printed the page above,  I have 30 pages of music to scan. which is 30 pages to practice after I scan it all.
I have got everything to work.

Now I will work on repeats, DS etc.

Your customer service is great!!!
I'm really glad to hear that. I'm always happy to help when I can, and I'm grateful when users like Geoff chime in to provide assistance as well.

Mike
(07-31-2022, 03:27 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm really glad to hear that. I'm always happy to help when I can, and I'm grateful when users like Geoff chime in to provide assistance as well.

Mike

In case he missed it, I will thank Geoff as well.

His advice did help