• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scores with blank pages after import
Hi there! Just wanted to say what a fantastic app this is and have been enjoying my experience so far.

I recently switched devices and performed a successful sync on OneDrive after figuring out what I needed to do.

Unfortunately, in the process of syncing between computers, I accidentally had my client/host rewrite settings the wrong way around and deleted the files to which I had added metadata.

Luckily, the files are sitting in the recycle bin of the host computer so they are not lost.

While the metadata remains on the client computer, these files have been automatically populated with a blank page with no music in them.

All that I want to be able to do is:
  1. Identify the pieces with only a single blank page
  2. To correct the file location for each piece OR delete the blank pieces

I have tried using the "Find Missing Files" and "Fix Broken File Paths" fixes in settings, but they do not identify blank pages as being a broken file location.

If there is no way to do this as a batch, I guess I can do each file individually in "Edit Piece", but would rather avoid having to do this for so many pieces.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this - if you go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup, you can always revert the library to an earlier point in time which can be useful to repair things if there are any accidental changes. Depending on what you've done since you posted that message, that may no longer be desirable if you've been working on fixing the library. The only way I can think of to find songs with blank pages is to go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, and include file paths with the song title or caption, and then you'll be able to see songs that are using a blank page.  You'd still have to edit those songs or use the swap file feature to replace the blank page though.

Mike
(08-09-2022, 03:26 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Sorry for the delay in responding to this - if you go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup, you can always revert the library to an earlier point in time which can be useful to repair things if there are any accidental changes. Depending on what you've done since you posted that message, that may no longer be desirable if you've been working on fixing the library. The only way I can think of to find songs with blank pages is to go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, and include file paths with the song title or caption, and then you'll be able to see songs that are using a blank page.  You'd still have to edit those songs or use the swap file feature to replace the blank page though.

Mike

Thanks - the Song Title Formatting is a great trick and worked well for identifying the remaining pieces Smile