• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring Data Base
I establish my Mobile Sheets music on my laptop and annotate my songs. The data base is held both in the cloud and on the laptop.
Then I connect to my tablet via the cloud data base by using Synchronise to another device using either WIFI direct connect or Bluetooth with the laptop being the server and the tablet the client. Of course I take the tablet to play at gigs.

This has been working like a charm for at least 2 years. However I have got myself in a mess by making the tablet the server and the laptop the client. (I forget why, I was trying to recover some data or make a small correction). Now when I reverse the process I get error messages that they can't find the files.

I have a backed up database (.db file) file dated 24/5/22. I am hopeful that it will contain all my annotations, etc. The collection of songs is maybe up to 400 by now. How best to do this in a full proof manner is the question?

Should I load or import the .db file of 24/5/22 on to the laptop? Can you advise how to do that? 
And then can I simply transfer to the tablet in the normal manner? or do I have to expunge data files completely from the tablet and start afresh maybe with a reinstallation of Mobilesheets on the tablet?

Naturally I am a bit nervous about all this
Hello,

The easiest thing is probably to go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup, select a backup from before the sync and this will just revert the database. You can also manually replace the database file if you prefer, which has the same effect. On Android, just copy the database file to /storage/emulated/0/Android/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files and overwrite the existing mobilesheets.db and then restart MobileSheets. On Windows, copy the file to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState, overwrite the existing mobilesheets.db file and restart MobileSheets. That should be all you need to do to get things back into a good state.

Mike
Thanks Mike
I'll let you know how I get on.
(06-03-2022, 04:55 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello,

The easiest thing is probably to go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup, select a backup from before the sync and this will just revert the database. You can also manually replace the database file if you prefer, which has the same effect. On Android, just copy the database file to /storage/emulated/0/Android/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files and overwrite the existing mobilesheets.db and then restart MobileSheets. On Windows, copy the file to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState, overwrite the existing mobilesheets.db file and restart MobileSheets. That should be all you need to do to get things back into a good state.

Mike

Hi! I only have a mobilesheets.db file and luckily I'm able to rewrite the file and access to my annotations, great! On the other hand, I have to create the specific folder for each file, if not it's not finding the file properly... Is it possible to use the information the file mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt for doing the restoration automatically?

Thanks in advance!
If you go to Settings->Other Settings->Fix Broken File Paths and let it scan for your files, then it will repair the database. Just make sure you've placed all of the PDFs in the storage location before doing that. You can't use the mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt file for any of this. 

Mike