• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tablet don't have old email
Hi there, I've been using Mobile Sheets Pro for about 3 years now ... I just got a new tablet and I changed cable service providers since I got mobilesheets so my email address is not the same as when I bought the app ... just wondering how I can get my mobile sheets app on my new tablet now?
The problem is that your purchase through Google Play is tied to the email address you used to make that purchase. Google does not allow purchases to be transferred between accounts. Your Google account should still be separate from the cable service provider though, meaning you should still be able to log into Google Play with that email address (you just won't actually receive any emails). So you should still have access to your account and you should be able to download and install MobileSheets.

Mike
Hey Mike ... not sure if it makes any difference but I bought it thru the Amazon App store. I have updated it a few times from there onto my old tablet. If I log into the amazon app store with the new tablet will it let me put mobile sheets onto the new tablet without any permission from you? I assumed I would need a passcode from my old email or something like that?
If you log into the Amazon App Store application on the device with that account, you can install MobileSheets without needing anything. You have to stay logged into the Amazon App Store app with that account in order to pass license checks and receive application updates though.

Mike
(08-16-2022, 03:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you log into the Amazon App Store application on the device with that account, you can install MobileSheets without needing anything. You have to stay logged into the Amazon App Store app with that account in order to pass license checks and receive application updates though.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm all set. The new tablet is up and running with Mobilesheets and I syncd them. It brought all my songs over with the annotations and I changed the default settings and applied it to the entire library so the font is the same as before. The annotation font has remained small so far so not sure if I'll need to adjust that individually for each song? I have quite a few annotations done within the app over the years.
Maybe i should be putting this in a new thread but Another problem I see now is that any apostrophes in the files (not the annotations) are showing up as a black diamond with a ? in it.
I'm not sure why you are seeing differences between the annotation text sizes because that should scale based on how much the page is scaling. This is if the annotations were created with MobileSheets 3.0.0 or higher, otherwise the older approach is used for scaling them which doesn't work as well. As far as the black diamonds you are seeing, that usually points to a file encoding issue. If you go to Settings->Text File Settings, you can enable the "Display File Encodings" option, then load your song, tap the center to bring up the song overlay, tap the A at the top right, then "Text Display Settings", then change the file encoding dropdown to a different value. Find one that displays the text correctly and that's the file encoding that should be used.

Mike
Thanks Mike. That worked for the apostrophes. I changed it to windows-1251 and apply to all songs in library and they seem to be good. Not sure why cause my old tablet is set on UTF-8 but it’s good now … the annotations text size seems to be defaulted to size 19 … which was the right size on the old RCA tablet but on the new Samsung 19 is too small … and the annotations are in the wrong places now too. Is there a way to change the annotations text size to the whole library?
Not without running database queries, but if you are comfortable running SQLite queries against the database (I can help provide the query to run), then you could update the text sizes for all text annotations at once. Text and chord pro files don't inherently support annotations, and they have no concept of a page size, so that is why annotations won't necessarily scale properly between devices or be positioned correctly. MobileSheets does try to account for this somewhat, but the problem is that the actual layout of the text file can be different on each device. In other forum threads, users have asked for a way to force MobileSheets to use a fixed page size for text/chord pro files so that everything will show up the exact same on each device. If you know one device is 1600x1200 (just as an example), then you could force pages to be that same number of pixels on the other device and pages would then render to that size. This could result in the page image being scaled up or down to fit though. So this is all something I'm considering in the future.

Mike