• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor snippet tool problem
I tried the editor mode snippet tool to cut/paste on a 9 page pdf. The pdf was of sheet music, with  staff, etc. I was in the night mode and made a copy of a copy. I was able to cut the section and paste the part I wanted. The pdf has 3 layers, the snippet was pasted over a white [black] out section on the first layer where I had covered some of original staff. The problems appeared then, first, the pasted snippet was white background, black letters and second, the snippet showed up on the first copy and the original pdf also [same reversed colors on all 3 pdfs] and the snippets were non-erasable on all 3 copies. I also checked all 3 pdf's with night mode off, the colors of the snippet reversed to black background, white letters. I did this on the S7+. 
Fortunately, it's not a big problem for me, only one measure. Maybe I can fix it by doing another cut/paste with night mode off and re-do the whiteout. Otherwise I'll just re-import the pdf.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
So be aware that a snippet is going to be inserted into the PDF itself, so it becomes a part of the file. It's handled this way so that the image data can be stored in the PDF versus trying to to store it in the database which would significantly increase the database size and could lead to performance issues over time if a lot of snippets were used. If you use the page order feature, each instance of a page is still referring to the same page in the PDF, so if a snippet is inserted, it will impact all instances of that page. The only way around this would be for me to support an option where the page order is used to turn the PDF into a new PDF with the pages actually duplicated in the PDF. I may consider supporting that at some point, as then the page order would be irrelevant, as you are just changing the actual pages in the PDF itself, although for some users they may not like the file being edited in this way. I'll have to look into the night mode issue - that sounds like an unintended bug.

As far as removing a snippet, go into the settings in the annotation editor, enable the option to "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations", and then you can delete those snippets. This allows users to modify annotations that are stored in the PDF itself, versus just annotations managed by MobileSheets. I would recommend not leaving that option on all the time though, as it requires the PDF to be reloaded in a writable mode every time you enter/exit the annotation editor.

Mike
Thanks for explanation Mike. 
I used the 'copy song' feature, so I suppose it is an adaptation of the snippet tool.
What I did was: copy the 1st copy, black out a couple of measures on the 1st page, reordered pages to what I needed, used the cut/paste tool to cut a measure from the new 2nd page and pasted it on the 1st page over the blackout, re-crop the new 2nd page, all in the night mode.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12