• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Bluetooth ring as a page turner
Hello,

I have a bought a "selfie" ring that has 3 buttons, allowing to control an android device via Bluetooth (I use MobileSheets on a Xiaomi Pad 5). 

[Image: Se8d0d498458c474088a1d1bcdd259c6bX.jpg_220x220.jpg]

Here are the default actions of the 3 buttons :
            | Short click           | Double click   | Long click 
Up arrow    | Up swipe              | Right swipe    | Volume up

Middle      | Tap center of the scr.| Double tap     | Sleep mode
Down arrow  | Down swipe            | Left swipe     | Volume down

I tried to map the up/down swipe in the Pedal Action Settings but it doesn't register the key press. The only action I could map is the volume up and down. So to scroll down the score, I have to press the down arrow for 1 sec. which is obviously not ideal.

I think that I have a similar issue as reported in this topic.

The short click on the Up and Dow arrows sort of works, but it's not really scrolling like a foot pedal would and the scrolling is not customizable. Here's a video showing the difference between the short click (2×Down and 2×Up), and then the long click (2×Down and 2×Up):

So the ideal solution, I think, would be to detect the up and down swipe in the Pedal Action Settings, but maybe there’s another solution.
I’m sorry if my problem complicated to understand, it is not easy to explain  Smile

Thanks!
Pedal actions are designed around key press events. A swipe is not a key press event and is not related to key press events in any way. That is more akin to a touch gesture, and I have no idea if the selfie ring is doing something like that (artifically generating a swipe event). So what you are asking for is the ability to map touch gestures like swiping to actions in the app. The problem is that would conflict with normal touch gesture processing, so I would have to create a whole new set of settings around this, and unless there is a large demand for it, it's not something I can promise anytime soon. Bluetooth pedals and Flic buttons are better options for bluetooth page turners at the moment.

Mike
I understand. I also tried to get the ASCII code corresponding to these swipe events but it didn't work indeed. I will use the long press (corresponding to Volume up/down) for now.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Hi ,
I use an ipad, mobilesheet and a pageflip. NO Problem with bluetooth. But my wife will use the a bluetooth ring. It doesn't work. Any new ideas?

Regards

hhdu
Bluetooth rings don't send key commands like page up/page down, etc. So they generally don't work with MobileSheets. If it can send volume up/volume down, that should work at the very least.

Mike
Here's how I got my Bluetooth ring to work, using volume as Mike said. 

https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...l#pid41325