• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stamps on eink version vs. android version
I have just started using the eink version and I am delighted.
I was hoping I could share my databases across my Android tablets as well as my new eInk tablet, and so far, it is working beautifully with one exception:
The stamps created on my Android tablets are not recognized on my eInk tablet. I have used stamps such as # and b, and these are coming up as large exclamation marks on my Boox Max Lumi 2.
Is there a way I can have these recognized, or should I go and correct them on the eInk version ? (I am concerned that if I do that, the Android tablets will no longer recognize them...)
That usually points to the stamp files being missing for some reason. If you go to the storage location on your Android device (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files by default but can be found under Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location), you will see a stamps directory. Copy that folder to the same location on your e-ink device and that should (in theory) resolve the missing file issue you are currently seeing.

Mike
There is indeed no stamps directory in the Lumi 2 (eink) directory.  However, when I checked my main Android device, there is a stamps directory and it is empty.  And on my phone (also Android), there is no stamps directory at all.
Both the phone and the main Android tablet see my old stamps, while the Lumi 2 does not.
I have made a few further tests, and found that:
1) Although the Lumi 2 does not recognize my old stamps, I can go and add the same ones (such as # and b) on it, and when I transfer the backup back to Android, the main Android tablet recognizes the stamps added from the Lumi 2.
The problem stamps were added to my music sheets in Android several years ago (possibly in 2015).
2) Based on that finding, I have gone back to my main Android tablet and added the SAME stamp (in this case #), backed up the file, transferred and restored the backup on my Lumi 2, and I can see that stamp correctly.
I hope that can help find the problem.
Let me know if there is anything I can check or do to help.
Thanks !!!!
So I need to know more about what type of stamps those are. Are they just the standard stamps that are included with MobileSheets? Or are they custom stamps that you added? If they are just the standard stamps, then there is definitely no reason why they shouldn't be showing up correctly. I may need to get a copy of your song or library backup in this case to investigate this issue further. If you want to start with just exporting the song, long press it on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf and then you can send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com.

Mike
The stamps are all standard stamps.  In the same context, I also have freeform on Android that does not show up on eInk.  The freeform in question also dates back a number of years.
Sending you the .msf via email.
It looks like the problem is specific to starting a new database on the eInk tablet, and restoring a back up from the old Android database.
I wanted to split an existing database, so I created a new (empty) one, populated it by restoring the back up of the existing (large) database, and deleted all the songs I did not want in the new (smaller) database.  The back up was taken from an old database created on my old Android tablet.  The new database was created on my Lumi 2.  Some of the stamps and freeform no longer show correctly on my new database on the Lumi 2.
What I just stumbled on, though, is that if I bring this new database across back to an Android phone (created an empty database and populated it using the back up of the new db from the Lumi 2), the stamps and freeform that are no longer showing correctly also show incorrectly on the Android tablet.
But if I create a new (empty) database on the same Android phone, and then populated it by restoring the back up of the existing (large) database, the stamps and freeform are showing up correctly.
Just to make sure I am not confusing the issue, this is only happening with stamps and freeforms that I annotated many years ago.  The stamps and freeforms that I annotated recently are not having any issues with the above procedure...