• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrong text alignment when creating a new songfile (chopro)
I hope one can help me. Unfortunately, I have found nothing via search or just used the wrong search term. My problem is that I create a new song and thus create a new Chorpro file. When I create and edit the text in it, it is aligned correctly: left-aligned. But as soon as I save and go back to the display, exit the editor mode, the text is right-aligned. *.CHOPRO files that I import are displayed correctly. Likewise when I extract the file from the media directory and re-import it.

Thank you.
Cheers Philipp
Hello Philipp,

Load your song, tap the center of the screen to bring up the song overlay, tap the A at the top right and then tap "Text Display Settings". See if you have the right-to-left switch turned off. If so, turn that off and that should fix the issue you are seeing.

Mike
(09-16-2022, 06:12 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Philipp,

Load your song, tap the center of the screen to bring up the song overlay, tap the A at the top right and then tap "Text Display Settings". See if you have the right-to-left switch turned off. If so, turn that off and that should fix the issue you are seeing.

Mike

Oh Mike, thank you so much. How blind of me. Then the translation is misleading. I use the app in German...
"Rechts nach Links" should be better noted with the term "Ausrichtung Rechts". Even better small symbols like in Word or similar programs.
Philipp
Hi, I translated the MSP UI to German.
I understood "right-to-left" as intended to be used by languages that are written from right to left like e.g. Arabic or Hebrew
"Ausrichtung Rechts" or "rechtsbündig" as proposed by Philipp would have been "right-aligned" or "right-justified" in English.
What is the intended meaning? Should we correct the German text?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(09-16-2022, 11:40 PM)itsme Wrote: Hi, I translated the MSP UI to German.
I understood "right-to-left" as intended to be used by languages that are written from right to left like e.g. Arabic or Hebrew
"Ausrichtung Rechts" or "rechtsbündig" as proposed by Philipp would have been "right-aligned" or "right-justified" in English.
What is the intended meaning? Should we correct the German text?

Ok, I see. In German usage or sense, "rechtsbündig" would be the more appropriate term.
Thank you!
You understood correctly itsme - the setting is meant for right-to-left languages like Arabic or Hebrew. However the impact of adjusting the setting does mean that the text is right-aligned, as right-to-left languages are effectively right-aligned.

Mike