• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with new Samsung UI
Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE got a system update, and part of the update is a new UI. Fortunately I can still use my favourite Nova launcher.

One of the new features of the UI is a taskbar at the bottom. Fortunately this can be switched off.

Problem: the S7FE is connected to an S4, which is the leader. The screen size and content are identical. When the S4 scrolls using the foot pedal (half page scroll) the S7FE now scrolls just a little too less. My gut feeling is that this is precisely the size of the taskbar.

Is there anything we can do to get the tablets scrolling in sync again?
When scrolling manually (one page, touching the side of the page) the slave also scrolls a complete page so no problem here.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
If you go to Settings->Display Settings and you enable "Hide the navigation bar", that should be the tablet in immersive mode while you are viewing scores. That should eliminate any kind of taskbar from the OS. If you do this on both devices, that should hopefully get things back in sync as far as the scrolling. Can you give that a shot and let me know if it helps at all?

Thanks,
Mike
Genious (as always). Works flawlessly!

For a moment I feared that "any kind of taskbar" was defeated by yet another kind...

Thanks!
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
That's great news! With immersive mode, you can still drag down from the top of the screen or up from the bottom if you need access to the navigation bar, but it's really quite nice while viewing scores.

Mike
Even without immersive mode I didn't had (navigation,notification,status)bars on my screen, apparently that was already disabled elsewhere. The new UI added a new bar (a taskbar) and I disabled it almost immedeately. MSPro still didn't show bars either so I already had full screen view, even without immersive mode. Only the pedal scrolling was off.

Issues like this are very common in GUI world. Several Linux and Windows applications get the view size wrong when you use auto-hiding bars. It's an indication that things are getting a bit too complex.

Also, https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...5#pid38535 .
Johan
Some additional findings: Both tablets are not configured immersive mode. Navigation is activated by bottom swipes. See https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062622/ .

Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (Android 10): half-page scroll with pedal scrolls half a page and bottom swipe activates the selected navigation action.

Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (Android 12): half-page scroll with pedal scrolls slightly less than half a page and bottom swipe activates the selected navigation action.

After switching the S7FE to immersive mode: half-page scroll with pedal scrolls half a page and bottom swipe activates the navigation bar but also scrolls the page for the swipe amount.

After switching the S4 to immersive mode it behaves identical to the S7FE.

So there is still a (minor) difference between the software versions.
Johan