• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lot of Chrashes of MSP
Hi Mike,

for a few weeks i´m facing a lot of crashes of MSP on my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
Sometimes after switching songs sometimes after going a little bit too fast foreward or backward on the pages.

My database is on the internal device, my sheet music on the sd card. The library is big, but there are more crashes then normal right now.
I tried to clear the cache and and the data of MSP made a fresh install but the problem remains.

I have to say i´m using the same db file for getting the library back, because i have my own folder system for the sheet music on the sd card. So i backed up the library.db and copied it back after reinstalling.

I know that it is not ideal for my old tablet to store the sheet music at the sd card but it worked very well until now.

I tried also to export the setlists with the songs that i am working on as msb file and made a new library from it to reduce the size of the current library but even with this few Songs  MSP crashes.

Thanks for some help.

Mc
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Can you try a different memory stick? (Just in case it is playing up)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hi Geoff thanks for the tip.

I had one sandisc extreme pro card at home so i gave it a try.  (Firing with cannons on sparrows Big Grin )
The card i normaly use is an sandisk ultra. I think its a little bit better but crashes are still easy to reproduce.
But i noticed something: My to go display mode is vertical scrolling. The most crashes happen when the song loads and the second page is loading at the bottom of the screen. Before the second page is showing up MSP crashes.
I have to say the are also a lot of annotations in this songs. Sometimes only the annotations from the fist page are showing up and not the pdf behind.

So i switched to one page only and it runs much better. I think the loading of the second page (ore eventually more in the background) causes the crash.

Edit: but after one practice session still a lot of crashes....
It was worth a try

Still, you now know it is unlikely to be the card

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I have a Samsung Note Pro 12.2, so if you want to share a library backup with me at mike@zubersoft.com, I can try testing your library to see if I can reproduce a crash. That may be the fastest way to get answers about this.

Mike
Hi Mike,

i have sent you an email with the link to the backup.
I remember there was a silght similar problem some time ago but i could not find the post in the forum.

Thank you for looking into it.