• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting the virtual keyboard with a bluetooth pedal connected on the Lumi 2
Hi!
I have found the post that talked about the settings to use on Android to get the virtual keyboard while using a bluetooth pedal, but those settings do not exist (or at least I was not able to find them) on the Boox Max Lumi 2.
Has anyone figured out a way to get the virtual keyboard up on the Lumi 2 while having a page turn pedal connected?
I am using the e-Ink version 3.5.9 of MS Pro, and a Donner pedal.
I'll have to look to see if I can find any relevant settings. Another user suggested using a different keyboard with a toggle: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=3399

So that may be another option to get past this issue.

Mike
That's great!  The Hacker's Keyboard app very neatly solves the problem for me, and as an added bonus, is a lot better for accented characters.  I was struggling with the Onyx keyboard as French is not available as a language.
Thanks for the great tip, I'm a happy camper.  Smile
Wow, I stumbled on something even more interesting: I was having some issues with the Hacker's keyboard when changing the name of the back up file (while doing a back up, of course).  The keyboard displayed was significantly smaller than the real virtual keyboard, with the effect that the keys pressed did not correspond to the display.  And we are not talking about a little offset, this was really unusable.  So I disconnected my pedal and I went back to the Android and Onyx keyboards to see if what would happen.  As expected, the virtual keyboard was fine in that context.  But the surprise I had is that now, when I connect my bluetooth pedal, I do not even need to use the Hacker's keyboard.  Somehow the setting to keep the virtual keyboard alive set under the Hacker's keyboard is also in effect with the regular virtual keyboards.  Smile
That's really interesting - that would imply that the keyboard is changing the setting in the OS. I'll have to investigate that to see if it's something that MobileSheets could toggle itself.

Mike
I just tried to install the Hackers Keyboard on my BOOX Max Lumi, but received an error message that the app is not compatible with my device.  Perhaps there has been an update that makes it incompatible.  In any case, does anyone know of any work-arounds to install the app or a different solution to enable the keyboard to work with the pedal?