• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple "Song" Tabs
It would be useful to be able to have two "songs" open at the same time in MobileSheets.  For instance, I'd like to be able to have a composition score and the part for an instrument open at the same time and be able to quickly switch between these files.  ForScore presently has this functionality.
I am going to look into supporting that in the future. In the meantime, just creating a temporary setlist and adding the different songs/scores to it will accomplish the same goal, and you can switch between the songs using the setlist window. With a setlist like that, you only need to add one song to it, and once it's loaded, you can add songs to it temporarily using the setlist window versus having to edit the setlist each time.

Mike
Mike, any update on when we might get to the "future" of multiple open songs in tabs or windows?
iPad Pro 12.9" 5th gen, iPadOS17. Samsung tablet, Android14. Samsung cell phone (Note10Lite), Android13.
For the time until Mike gets to implementing it, have you tried the new library window? It gives an experience almost as good as switching between tabs (using the recent tab in the library window after opening the songs).
(12-29-2023, 05:26 PM)BRX Wrote: For the time until Mike gets to implementing it, have you tried the new library window? It gives an experience almost as good as switching between tabs (using the recent tab in the library window after opening the songs).

Thanks for mentioning it. I'll sort the library popup window by recent. Unfortunately, if I exit the library popup window or rotate the tablet, it goes back to piece sorting, thus more steps to remember and do.
iPad Pro 12.9" 5th gen, iPadOS17. Samsung tablet, Android14. Samsung cell phone (Note10Lite), Android13.
You can choose in the settings of the library window to always load the last page. It stays on the recent tab if that was the last one. Also I'd suggest to not close the library but to mininize it. The little icon is very unobtrusive and movable and you can very quickly reopen the window.
To be honest, I've been working non-stop on trying to get the face gesture feature working on Windows and haven't worked on much else. After countless hours working on it over the past 2-3 weeks, I finally am at the testing stages to see how well it will work. I still have a large backlog of stuff to get to after this for the version 3.9 release, so I'm not sure on the timeline for tab support yet.

Mike
I accidentally thought of a way to do two windows if necessary to transfer notes across pages or pieces. Open one item in the regular MobileSheets app, and the other (could be an exported .msf file) in the MobileSheetsFree app.