• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Annotations and Updating to latest version
Hello and Thank you for such an amazing program. I think using it for around 8 years now?? 

I am 3.6.0

Couple things....

I am having problems with the annotations. They really are frustrating. I type and change font size to 8. But still types in 12. I save to favorites in 10 point font, and recall but shows in 10. After typing in text, I try to move the text to the right location and it disappears. Very frustrating for sure. 

The upgrade to 3.6.1 I hope fixes it. However, gripe two....

I spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to upgrade to the latest version. I don't do it that often. But, what a PAIN IN THE $%&. Is there not a more efficiant way in which to upgrade? I am sure there must be many people in my boat the feel the same? Most programs I have, I go to the company site and press update, and done. This company is really difficult in that way. (It says go to the site I first downloaded it, but even I do, is there are download or install button? I do not see it. Also, I really do not know where I downloaded it?? So long ago. 

Anyway, keep up the good work!! Great program otherwise!

Peter
I have mine set to tell me when there's an update available. From time to time I start the program with wifi on and it then lets me know if there's an update available. I think some people avoid updating just before a gig just in case there's a glitch. I don't think I've ever been to the website for an update - the auto-update seems to work every time. Might be worth trying
I have auto update turned off to prevent any changes prior to a gig.

I get a notification in Play Store that an update is available.
I also read the forum every day and can see when an update exists that way.

Updating is simple on my tablet - open Play Store, got to Apps and select update.

The above is all on an Android tablet.
I would have thought it is similar on a windows tablet but perhaps harder on a desktop.

Having worked out how to do it, I suggest you write it down to ease future updates.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
There are two things you need to be aware of when entering text annotations:

1) If no font is selected and you change the size to 8, then the next annotation you create will use font size 8
2) If a text annotation is being edited and you change the size to 8, then the font for that annotation will change to size 8
3) If you change the font to size 8, then tap a text annotation to edit it, the text annotation settings will be updated to match that annotation. This means it will switch the font size back to 12 if that annotation was using size 12. It sounds to me like this may be what is causing you some frustration/confusion.

As far as moving text and having it disappear, I'm not sure I can explain that without seeing a short video of the issue. If I use the selection tool or the text tool, press on an annotation and drag it, it moves correctly to wherever the mouse cursor is. Also just to verify - is this on a Windows device that you are testing on?

When it comes to upgrading, the process is different depending on whether you purchased through the Microsoft Store or my FastSpring store. If you purchased through the Microsoft Store, Microsoft will automatically install updates, but you can manually install updates by running the Microsoft Store application (do NOT use a web browser, run the application from the taskbar), search for MobileSheets and click the update button on the MobileSheets store page. If you purchased through FastSpring, if you start the application with an active internet connection, it will tell you an update is available. If you click install, it will download the installer file and run it to install the update. 

Mike
(10-21-2022, 07:23 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: I have mine set to tell me when there's an update available. From time to time I start the program with wifi on and it then lets me know if there's an update available. I think some people avoid updating just before a gig just in case there's a glitch. I don't think I've ever been to the website for an update - the auto-update seems to work every time. Might be worth trying

Thanks Oz 

Much appreciated!
(10-21-2022, 07:57 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I have auto update turned off to prevent any changes prior to a gig.

I get a notification in Play Store that an update is available.
I also read the forum every day and can see when an update exists that way.

Updating is simple on my tablet - open Play Store, got to Apps and select update.

The above is all on an Android tablet.
I would have thought it is similar on a windows tablet but perhaps harder on a desktop.

Having worked out how to do it, I suggest you write it down to ease future updates.

Geoff

Yes. Good call. I know I did it before but I do not recall exactly how. Writing down would have saved a lot. I do not do updates often as for my needs it has been working great up until recently that is. I appreciate the advice Geoff
(10-22-2022, 05:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There are two things you need to be aware of when entering text annotations:

1) If no font is selected and you change the size to 8, then the next annotation you create will use font size 8
2) If a text annotation is being edited and you change the size to 8, then the font for that annotation will change to size 8
3) If you change the font to size 8, then tap a text annotation to edit it, the text annotation settings will be updated to match that annotation. This means it will switch the font size back to 12 if that annotation was using size 12. It sounds to me like this may be what is causing you some frustration/confusion.

As far as moving text and having it disappear, I'm not sure I can explain that without seeing a short video of the issue. If I use the selection tool or the text tool, press on an annotation and drag it, it moves correctly to wherever the mouse cursor is. Also just to verify - is this on a Windows device that you are testing on?

When it comes to upgrading, the process is different depending on whether you purchased through the Microsoft Store or my FastSpring store. If you purchased through the Microsoft Store, Microsoft will automatically install updates, but you can manually install updates by running the Microsoft Store application (do NOT use a web browser, run the application from the taskbar), search for MobileSheets and click the update button on the MobileSheets store page. If you purchased through FastSpring, if you start the application with an active internet connection, it will tell you an update is available. If you click install, it will download the installer file and run it to install the update. 

Mike

Hey Mike. 

Thank you for the response. Very much appreciated. However, not super tech savvy.... I did not quite catch the meaning...  (do NOT use a web browser, run the application from the taskbar) ???  Run from the taskbar? Not sure what that looks like or how its done. I am sure its simple but this simple mind needs guidance. Thank you in advance!
Blints
At the bottom of the screen in Windows there is a taskbar that has icons showing any applications you've pinned along with icons for applications that are currently running. At the very far left side of this taskbar is a Windows icon that you can click to view a list of all of the applications installed on your system (along with access to other things). To the right of that is a search icon - click that, and then type in "Store". The best match should be the Microsoft Store application. Load that application, then you can search for MobileSheets in the app and download any updates.

Mike