• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 2)
I will be tracking known issues with beta build 2 here, and any issue that says (FIXED) next to it means I've already implemented fixes in my code that will be available with the next build:

1) With some PDFs, users were encountering weird discoloration issues. This was happening with the default PDF library (Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference->Quality). Until this issue is addressed, MobileSheets will always use the "Speed" render preference (which is a separate PDF library) regardless of what is selected in the settings. This has not been an easy issue to fix, so this was done to prevent issues while I look into it.
2) The MIDI listen dialog does not create a batch MIDI command when the + icon is tapped
3) When synchronizing to OneDrive, a login request is brought up, and then a second login request is brought up when the sync is started. I seem to be unable to accurately reproduce this issue, but will continue to investigate it.
4) (FIXED) Import CSV or PDF Bookmarks does not currently work. 
5) (FIXED) Restoring backup files can lead to a crash
6) (FIXED) Older annotations in backup files are not properly converted to the 3.0+ format
7) (FIXED) Disabling full screen mode results in the time and battery overlapping content in the app
8) (FIXED) Captions are not correctly updating when the text alignment setting is changed
9) (FIXED) Changing settings on the settings screen sometimes doesn't seem to work
10) (FIXED) The companion app fails to connect properly
11) One user reported a sync to a OneDrive folder got stuck at 12%
12) (FIXED) Opening the manual results in a black screen
13) (FIXED) Switch Google Drive Account does not appear to work
14) (FIXED) If the floating toolbar is hidden, the border for the toolbar still appears
15) (FIXED) Initial library tab setting does not appear to work
16) (FIXED) Page color tone setting is not correctly changing the color of the page
17) One user reported the "Next up song bar" was not displayed correctly when set to "On the last page before next song".
18) (UNABLE TO REPRODUCE) When importing multiple image files that should be joined, a crash occurs
19) (FIXED) The MIDI network session is automatically being added as the default MIDI device when the default language is not set to English
20) (FIXED) Google Drive login shows MobileSheetsPro instead of MobileSheets. Dropbox can't be fixed unfortunately.
21) (FIXED) Automatically load next song does not work on the recent tab until one has used it in a playlist or library screen, then it works
22) (FIXED) Song counting in setlists is including the "Load All" incorrectly, so the first song is listed as 2
23) (FIXED) The "Exit" option in the overflow menu has no effect
24) (FIXED)Settings were reported as not being transferred properly when restoring a backup file
25) (FIXED) Old annotations (prior to version 3.0.0) do not display correctly
26) (FIXED) One user reported seeing the text and page number (possibly from the page slider) shown at the very bottom of the screen when loading a setlist. Does not show up when loading an individual song. Always show title bar was enabled (may or may not be relevant)
27) (FIXED) Tapping the clear all X for the filters clears the text but does not appear to force a refresh of the list
28) (FIXED) MIDI system exclusive messages will cause the app to crash
29) Backup restores from Google Drive and Dropbox failed for some users. Need to determine the cause as it has worked so far for me. 
30) Zooming in on PDFs was reported as being "jerky"
31) (FIXED) Text locale dialog is displayed incorrectly
32) (FIXED) Annotations not aligned correctly (may be related to #25)
33) (FIXED) Cannot get clock to display (need to follow up for more details)
34) (FIXED) Message says "Google Drive" instead of "OneDrive" when restoring from OneDrive
35) (FIXED) App crashed when tablet was rotated (need more information)
36) (NO ISSUE FOUND) Sorting setlists (or other group types?) has issue with radio button states
37) Crashes encountered while importing files
38) (FIXED) Some stamps (.svg files in particular) are rendering at 2x the normal size
39) (FIXED) Hiding the filters leaves a black section (UI needs to shift up)
40) (FIXED) Default to the Songs tab instead of the recent tab
41) (FIXED) First change of display settings-> Page Alignment did not work (May be the same as #9)
42) (FIXED) Long delays observed with the page slider preview window for some users. Need to determine the cause and how to reproduce.
43) (FIXED) Audio player is visible when it shouldn't be
44) .svg files do not render the same as on Android and Windows

I need to go through all the crash logs to identify more issues, but this covers most of the TestFlight feedback, emails and a few crash reports.

Mike
Just started testing the iOS beta version 1.0.0(build 2)

- Batch import. Selecting folder for import. Local import.
  In the menu (menu from the iPad filemanager) that appears, the selections for the networkdrives or clouddrives are “grayed” and can’t be selected.

iPadiOS version is 16.1.1
The reason for that most likely has to do with how Apple's file picker works. In order to get around all of the very restrictive file access permissions, Apple typically copies files you select into a temporary location that the app can then access. When selecting directories, Apple can't make a copy of the entire directory, so it allows direct access. However when dealing with network or cloud drives, it can't grant access to a folder in those locations, so they aren't selectable. That's not something I have any control over unfortunately - just the way Apple's picker works. If you use Import->Local File, I believe you should be able to select files that way.

Mike
Hi Mike!

I just got the invitation from you and wanted to start with transfering my existing library but I could not do it. Posted bug report with screenshot in TestFlight, just wanted to add some context here.
I've upgraded the companion app, and as I push Connect to Companion on device it states automatically connected, db file sent, but companion still shows connecting to iPad, and can't do anything (e.g. load library from backup)
Tried to sync directly to my android device which had no issue connecting to the companion, they find each other fine but as soon the sync starts just 2 db files are transferred, and it stops, waited for 10 mins to be sure but it does not go any further. No matter which party is set to server/client, same result either way.
Same for folder sync to Google Drive. No issue to authenticate to drive and select folder, it starts with loading the db and hash files and then stops.
No app crashes, can interrupt syncs and go on with the app.

CSV import not working, sorry for the bug report as I read in your post just now.

The only way I was able to load a sheet was to import a PDF, nothing else.

iPadOS 15.7
10.5" iPad Pro LTE

Regards,
FuFe
I'll be updating the list as I go, but I've fixed both the companion app issue and the backup restore problem. These will be included with build 3.

Thanks,
Mike
Testing on MacOS 13.0

First impressions: It's amazing how it's as much a straight port of the Android version as I've ever seen. I think iOS natives will go apoplectic, but I love it. It's immediately familiar, and works exactly as my existing version. Well done!

I started by importing an existing library that I copied to a new Google Drive Cloud folder from my main Android/Chrome setup. Mobilesheets iOS loaded it right up, and respects all pages settings, crops, displays annotations correctly. Bravo.

I did run into a few problems. Apologies if some of these are KIs:

1. Initially starting in Recents tab after mass import shows an empty library. Consider defaulting to Pieces/Songs tab if Recents is empty.

2. Hiding Filters in the Library view leaves an empty space in the UI where the filter elements should be. Consider collapsing the view to give the Library more room. 

3. Hiding the floating toolbar in the Library view results in a blank space where the toolbar used to be (see image). Looks like KI#14?
[Image: 0?ui=2&ik=fdfa07981f&attid=0.1&permmsgid..._labv2or60]

4. First time selecting "Display Settings - Page Alignment" didn't work. Subsequent settings made it stick.

5. Initial Library Tab isn't respected. If "Tab Order to start with:" is set to "Pieces" and Initial Library Tab is set to "Recents," closing and starting app will start in the Pieces tab, whereas it should start with Recents. If "Tab Order" is meant to take precedence and always starts with the first tab in the list, then it seems there's no real point to having an "Initial Library Tab"? Looks like KI#15?

6. In sheet music view, holding down the "Page scrubber" at a page will result in a prolonged undrawn gray box (4-5 seconds), followed by a thumbnail that flickers 2-3x. See photo:
[Image: 0?ui=2&ik=fdfa07981f&attid=0.2&permmsgid..._labvsfue1]
My goal with the iOS version was for it to be so similar to the Android version that any user on Android could pick up an iPad and just use the app normally. This also makes it easy for musicians to work together as one musician can easily demonstrate functionality in the app regardless of which OS it's running on. It also means that documentation written for Android is valid for iOS users, as well as any YouTube videos. I have someone working to help me create some tutorial videos (which will become available next month or January at the latest), and I really wanted them to be valuable for all users without any confusion over the UI.  I'm definitely curious to see what the feedback will be from iOS natives, as you mentioned, as the app definitely doesn't feel like a native iOS app in any way. 

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm working through stuff as fast as I can, and am going to try my best to get build 3 released tomorrow to provide overall stability.

Mike
Photo 
Hallo Mike,
meine Text Eintragungen beziehungsweise Ergänzungen Sind alle nach rechts verschoben.
Sind alle nach rechts verschoben.
D.h. dass die Kommentare (in meinem Fall sind das die Grundtöne für den Bass) einen Takt daneben stehen.    
Are those annotations that were created before the new annotation design (v3.0) or before?

Thanks,
Mike
(11-11-2022, 04:55 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are those annotations that were created before the new annotation design (v3.0) or before?

Thanks,
Mike

diese wurden bereits in der Android Version erstellt und ich habe die komplette DB in die IOS Version geladen. Nichts daran geändert.
Beim Übertrag in WINDOWS gab es das Thema nicht. Gruß Roland
(11-11-2022, 08:36 PM)Rolle0203 Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 04:55 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are those annotations that were created before the new annotation design (v3.0) or before?

Thanks,
Mike

diese wurden bereits in der Android Version erstellt und ich habe die komplette DB in die IOS Version geladen. Nichts daran geändert.

Ich glaube Mike möchte wissen welche Android Version von Mobilesheets benutzt du, bzw hast du benutzt als du diese Eintragungen erstellt hast.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(11-12-2022, 12:48 AM)McAroni Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 08:36 PM)Rolle0203 Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 04:55 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Handelt es sich um Anmerkungen, die vor dem neuen Anmerkungsentwurf (v3.0) oder davor erstellt wurden?

Danke,
Mike

Ich glaube Mike möchte wissen welche Android Version von Mobilesheets benutzt du, bzw hast du benutzt als du diese Eintragungen erstellt hast.
Okay, kein Problem Android-Version 5.1.1
MSP-VERSION 3.62
Hi Mike,

Here are more details on the topic "App crashed when tablet was rotated":

• iPad used: iPad 5th generation
  • iOS version used: initially 15, then update to 16.1.1, problem occurred with both versions
  • MobileSheet version used: Built 2

The first thing I did was sync my personal library from my Windows tablet (about 14GB).
This was successful. I then opened a larger song (PDF file with 53 pages) in MobileSheets.

I opened the song in landscape mode. I have not changed the view settings (view mode: one page).
After that, I just flipped through a few pages and then rotated the tablet to portrait mode. Then the app crashed. I sent a bug report.

I then tried restarting the app. Unfortunately, the app then immediately crashed again (immediately after opening the app).
After several attempts to get the app working again, I reinstalled it and resynced the library.

Unfortunately, when I tried to reproduce the error again, I received crashes again, which did not lead to the app hanging completely.
I also once managed to provoke the error when rotating from portrait to landscape.

After playing around with the view settings a bit, the error didn't appear anymore.

Unfortunately, at the moment I can't see an exact pattern as to when the crashes occur.
I can state the following points:

• Opening a song in landscape mode for the first time after library sync
  • Default view settings
  • Flip through a few pages
  • Rotate from landscape to portrait
  • App crash

Many greetings
Tobias
(11-11-2022, 03:28 PM)Rolle0203 Wrote: Hallo Mike,
meine Text Eintragungen beziehungsweise Ergänzungen Sind alle nach rechts verschoben.
Sind alle nach rechts verschoben.
D.h. dass die Kommentare (in meinem Fall sind das die Grundtöne für den Bass) einen Takt daneben stehen.

The phenomenon occurs with me too.
Just found out that if I open the song, select a different song, and then switch back to the affected song, the markers jump back and forth (see attached images).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Mike,

the broken view that can be seen in the attachment occurs when I set the following settings:
  • Library settings
  • Use dark color scheme -> Yes
  • Alternating line color -> None

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)