• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PEDpro
Reported through FlightTest, but I was able [finally] to connect my PEDPro and can see events occurring in MS, but no actions when I try to scroll [or jump to bookmark with left ‘Pedal’]. I tried mode 2 last night, but even though I was able to define actions in settings, nothing happened in my displayed music.   In mode 1 I was unable to define actions.
When you say, "define actions", what exactly does that mean? Are you just selecting the pedal action on the MobileSheets settings screen? I just want to make sure I understand, because there should have been no difference between mode 1 or mode 2 when it comes to selecting the action to trigger for a specific key. I'm not using AirTurn's action interface for defining actions - it's all done through the MobileSheets settings screen. Another user also reported issues with triggering actions though, so I will be looking into that.

Mike
“Actions” are any response to a ‘click’ of a pedal. Nothing in settings, pedal action, nothing in music display, etc. I do see a ‘flash’ in the Direct Mode settings showing that a signal was received.  This works fine in forScore so it’s not my PEDPro or iPad Pro.
You have a different version of the Airturn library than forScore.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So, just to be clear, to define a pedal action in MobileSheets, you need to do the following: Go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, tap the keys field for pedal 1, press the pedal switch to assign the key, then change the pedal action dropdown to trigger the action you want to use. Do the same for the other pedals. I would recommend tapping the clear button when assigning the keys so you can be sure that the pedal is working. 

If you've already done that, are you saying that no key is registered when you press the pedal?

Thanks,
Mike
(11-16-2022, 08:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So, just to be clear, to define a pedal action in MobileSheets, you need to do the following: Go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, tap the keys field for pedal 1, press the pedal switch to assign the key, then change the pedal action dropdown to trigger the action you want to use. Do the same for the other pedals. I would recommend tapping the clear button when assigning the keys so you can be sure that the pedal is working. 

If you've already done that, are you saying that no key is registered when you press the pedal?

Thanks,
Mike
I do that and nothing registers unless I put my PEDPro into mode 2 and connect with Bluetooth. Even then, no scrolling occurs in music.   So yes to “no key is registered…”
‘Video’ of connecting, Reset fail, and trying to associate ‘actions’ to ‘pedals.’  Attach failed [too big], I’ll try email.
Let's focus on the no scrolling issue when you are using mode 2. What pedal action are you using in that case? Also, when you load your score, what display mode are you using? Typically you would want to use the vertical scrolling display mode. To switch to this, load your score, tap the center of the screen to bring up the song overlay, tap the display mode icon at the bottom (to the left of the page scaling icon with blue arrows) and change the default display mode to "Vertical Scrolling". Then the pages should scroll each time you press the pedal. I'm assuming you are using the "Scroll down or turn page if at bottom" scroll action, but let me know if you are using a different one.

Mike
I just retried mode 2 and did individual Clears on each action setting, pushed the ‘pedal,’ and exited. Scrolling then works. Previously, I had left the default P and Q [or whatever letters were there] and no scrolling [as I remember]. I can live with this as I did never get mode 1 to work on my CB. The biggest problem with mode 2 is losing the on-screen keyboard [Apple, Google bug IMHO since page up/down does not correspond to a [full] keyboard. 

PEDPro does work in mode 1 in forScore!
Display mode is buggy as I have to set it for each piece. I never found the global setting and telling it to apply to all pieces does nothing. I almost always use landscape scrolling.
Yes, there are major bugs with build 3 when it comes to orientation changes and the display mode. This will all be fixed with build 4. As far as mode 1, I'll look into it, but I did have that working the last time I tested I with multiple different AirTurn pedals. With Android, you can force the virtual keyboard to be shown even if a pedal is connected. There is no setting like that on iOS, but there is a toggle you can tap on the screen to show the keyboard at any time even if a pedal is connected.

Mike
(11-17-2022, 03:07 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, there are major bugs with build 3 when it comes to orientation changes and the display mode. This will all be fixed with build 4. As far as mode 1, I'll look into it, but I did have that working the last time I tested I with multiple different AirTurn pedals. With Android, you can force the virtual keyboard to be shown even if a pedal is connected. There is no setting like that on iOS, but there is a toggle you can tap on the screen to show the keyboard at any time even if a pedal is connected.

Mike

The toggle is great!  When I do enter text, it doesn’t initially appear where I selected as I ‘type.’
Can you give me an example of where in the app that is occurring? I just tested it with the search field on the main library screen and the text showed up like I would expect.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted using TestPilot
Working in beta 4. Reset works, too.