• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking advice on Airturns that work best with MobileSheets
I have had trouble pairing my Airturn BT500 with Mobile Sheets which I run on a Surface, and posted below about my issues in this forum (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-8645.html).  Basically my Airturn appears to connect to my Surface not to MobileSheets. I have Windows 10 and am using MobileSheets 3.6.0. 

I haven't been able to resolve my issues (though I'm curious if there have been updates since I last tried) so I'm considering just buying a new Airturn. I see on Airturn's website that there are several "styles" available -- BT500, Pedpro, Quad, Duo etc. Does anyone have an opinion on the pros and cons of each version, and specifically, if my main concern is the ease of pairing with MobileSheets, if one of these styles is a better choice? Thanks in advance.
Quad, Duo etc is the number of pedals attached to the base unit. Connectivity and whether it works is completely up to the base unit.

I have the older BT105 and BT106 units that work great. A musical friend of mine has BT200, also great.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I have a Surface Pro and use the Butterfly page turner. I got tired of AirTurn failing and trying to reconnect it. Butterfly is a direct Bluetooth hookup and does it in seconds.
(10-24-2022, 04:24 PM)sciurius Wrote: Quad, Duo etc is the number of pedals attached to the base unit. Connectivity and whether it works is completely up to the base unit.

I have the older BT105 and BT106 units that work great. A musical friend of mine has BT200, also great.

Hello Sciurius
I have problems using my airturn bt-105 with mobilesheets, maybe you can help seting it up?
It is connected to the pc and is set to mode 1.
In mobilesheets i have the following settings:
Pedal 1: go to next page
Pedal 2: go to previous page
Pedal 3: go to next page
Pedal 4: go to previous page
Unfortunately mobilesheets does not do anything when pressing a pedal....
I checked the pedal with an ipad and forscore: it works fine and is therefore not dead
I hope you can help me?
br Michael
I responded to your email, but I will also respond here:

I would recommend putting the pedal in mode 3, and then please follow these steps:

1) Load MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right and then Settings.
2) Tap Touch & Pedal Settings and then Pedal Actions
3) Tap the "Keys" field for Pedal 1.
4) Tap the "Clear" button on the dialog.
5) Press a pedal switch. If a key shows up, the pedal is communicating properly with your device and will work with MobileSheets. If it does not, the pedal is not communicating properly with your device.
6) If a key shows up, tap OK, then select the action you want that pedal to trigger from the dropdown below the keys field. Repeat these steps for pedal 2.

If the pedal isn't communicating properly with your device, you can try re-pairing the pedal in the system bluetooth settings and repeating the steps above. If it still doesn't work, that means there is a communication issue between your PC and the pedal. Make sure you have installed the AirTurn Manager app on your iOS device, connect the pedal to it and see if there is a more recent firmware you can download. This may help with the connection issues on Windows. If you still continue to encounter issues, you may want to consider contacting AirTurn, as this is not an application-specific issue if the pedal doesn't work in mode 3. It's important to understand that the pedal is acting like a computer keyboard where pressing a pedal switch sends a key command like "Page down". So the pedal should actually work with any app on the tablet. If you load an internet browser and navigate to a page that has scrollable content, the pedal should scroll the page up or down. If this doesn't work, then you know that it's a problem between the pedal and Windows.

Mike