• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatically find files when moved
Hi Mike,

As my old trusty Note Pro 12.2 has got more and more problems to handle my files i upgraded to a new Galaxy Tab S7 FE. 
Before the new one arrived i started to reorganize some of my files. 
My audio files and my sheet music are located in two different folders. The new plan is, to put the audio files into the corresponding sheet music folders.
On the old tablet i just moved the audio files and let MSP search automatically for the missing files. This worked very well. 
Now as the new tablet arrived i continued doing this, but on the new galaxy this workflow does not work. 
MSP is not able to find the files after moving into the new folder.
I do it exactly the same way but MSP always says 0 pathes changed.
Both folders are on one location as they were on the old tablet
What am i doing wrong?
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Did you grant the all files access permission when MobileSheets requested it? I just want to verify this first as without that, MobileSheets is restricted to only being able to find files within it's own application folder.

Mike
I think so. But i recognized earlier, that i have no  access to the mobilesheets folder within the file Manager of mobilesheets. 
In settings -> Apps -> MSP there i can See: access all Files. But i should be able to navigate to the mobilesheets folder didnt i? Can do a fresh "grant all file access"?
That is due to the restrictions in Android 11. If you tap the SD card icon, you will see there is a new shortcut to jump to the application directory. This will get around the limitations Google introduced. You can also choose a different storage location that any application will have access to.

If MobileSheets still can't access your folders, I'm going to need to know the path to the folders and whether they are on the internal storage or a removable SD card.

Mike
Ah ok. Understood. 
My Android Version is 12.
My sheet music folder and the MP3 folder are located in the stock android documents folder on the device. Within MSP i can navigate to those folders.
But MSP seems not be able to locate missing Files there.
I can work to improve some of the logic once I have a little time. I think I'm probably still being denied access to parts of the file system on Android 11+ that I used to have access to, so when it tries to scan for everything, it hits a wall where access is denied, and can no longer scan subdirectories past that point. I will need to be a little more strategic about what folders I scan. I can make sure I scan things like the documents folder and the music folder. I think if I try to just start scanning at /storage/emulated/0, I should be able to scan quite a bit.

Mike
Hi Mike, 
this sounds great. I know you are at the iOS Beta Test Time. So it is not urgent. With the new restrictions, there will be not a huge number of places where we could put our files in.
Thanks for looking into it. 
Mc
Hi Mike,

I dont know if you changed something, but with the Version 3.6.9. the moved files will now be found in the documents folder.

Tanks for looking into it.
I did make some adjustments to the code, so I'm glad to hear it has helped.

Mike