• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Face Gestures - Camera orientation issue
I tried Face Gestures today. I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with the Surface Pro standing up vertically (ie in Portrait mode).

My camera (the one from the Surface Pro) works fine and I can see myself in the gesture test window. However, my face is sideways. That is, my camera does not recognize that my computer is oriented in portrait mode. I couldn't see anywhere in MS to change orientation, nor could I find anything in the camera settings in Windows 10.

Does anyone have an experience with this and how I can fix it? With my face sideways, I was only able to get 'mouth open' and 'raised eyebrows' working, and then only intermittently.

Tom
I'm not sure why you are experiencing that. I handle rotation using code from Microsoft (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/window...diacapture). I'll run some tests on my Surface Pro 8 and X, and also ask another user with a Surface Pro 4 to test some stuff for me as well. If I can't reproduce the issue, then I'll have to assume it's something specific with the Surface Pro 3. If you go to "About your PC" in Windows 10, what version are you running? 

Mike
Just for info - my Surface Pro 4 rotates the camera to get a face the correct way with Mobile Sheets for every orientation i.e. portrait and landscape ... also face is correct orientation if Surface Pro 4 turned upside down in both :-)
Thank you Telstar - that is very helpful to know. 

Mike