• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Actions
Hi, it looks like to me MIDI Actions are global, is it possible to have these 'per song'.  e.g. when I play a certain note in a particular song, and only that song e,g, that music is being shown, I want to send a MIDI message to a synthesizer 'All Notes Off'  [cc channel# 123 0]  If not possible could it be considered for a future update - thanks :-)
No, it's not currently possible to have those per song. It creates too much complexity for little gain and most users don't want to trigger different actions per song (otherwise I would have received this feedback previously). Having said that, what you can do is set up a MIDI action to trigger the next smart button, then you can create a smart button in your song that sends the MIDI commands you want. This accomplishes the same goal.

Mike
(02-17-2024, 04:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: No, it's not currently possible to have those per song. It creates too much complexity for little gain and most users don't want to trigger different actions per song (otherwise I would have received this feedback previously). Having said that, what you can do is set up a MIDI action to trigger the next smart button, then you can create a smart button in your song that sends the MIDI commands you want. This accomplishes the same goal.

Mike

Many thanks as always Mike :-)  I will try what you suggested :-)
As a side note, you do need to uncheck the checkbox at the bottom left corner of the "Configure MIDI Connections" screen in order to see the input and output ports to connect to.

Mike
(02-17-2024, 09:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: As a side note, you do need to uncheck the checkbox at the bottom left corner of the "Configure MIDI Connections" screen in order to see the input and output ports to connect to.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I have it working  Big Grin many thanks     Cool
I'm glad to hear that! Happy I could help.

Mike