• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Store and MSP questions
I have MSP on a Windows 10 laptop. I am buying a MS Surface Pro 8 and hope to use Mobile Sheets on it too.  Will I need to pay for it again to use it on the 2nd windows device? If so that's fine as it is such a great application,  I just want to know.

But, I also plan to replace the SSD on the Surface Pro, which will of course replace the OS and. If I buy MSP for this Surface Pro and then later replace the hard drive will I need to purchase it a third time? Again, that would be OK, but I'd rather not pay for it twice on the same device.

Thanks,

Jim Greeson
If you brought it on the Windows Store then yes you will be able to have it on multiple computers.  If you make a Disk image of your surface Pro HD and put it on the new larger HD I don't think that will count as a use copy of MobileSheets.

If you brought the copy of MobileSheets from Mike's own website store then yes you have to pay for each copy of the software you have installed.
(10-24-2022, 02:44 AM)InstrEd Wrote: If you brought it on the Windows Store then yes you will be able to have it on multiple computers.  If you make a Disk image of your surface Pro HD and put it on the new larger HD I don't think that will count as a use copy of MobileSheets.

If you brought the copy of MobileSheets from Mike's own website store then yes you have to pay for each copy of the software you have installed.

Thanks a lot.  This was very helpful.
Let us know how you like the Surface Pro 8 for Mobilesheets.  I'm currently on a Lenovo Flex 14" 2n1.  Works okay but the screen 16:9 ratio and the brightness of the screen are the minuses for the unit.  Lenovo Thinkbook 14S Yoga would be perfect for me if they changed the 16:9 aspect ratio.  Love that this unit has dual M2 hard drives.
Sad 
Yesterday I bought MSP for Windows from Microsofts store and install on my Windows-tablet. Today I wanted the program install again on my desktop. But I would have to buy a license again. Zubersoft writes something else on their page. What is wrong?  Huh
Your purchase is tied to the email address you used to make the purchase. You should only need to log in to the Microsoft Store with the email address you used to purchase the app, and it should let you download and install it without requiring payment. Make sure you are using the Microsoft Store app and not a web browser on the device though, as you can run into issues if you use a web browser.

Mike
Microsoft store does impose some license limitation, maybe it's install on up to 10 windows devices.from one account.
Should not be an issue.unless you run a !arge orchestra :Smile
Into is on the store page for the app, from memory

Works fine on 2 pcs, . 

You have to buy again for android and again for apple. It's one license per platform.
If someone is using the Microsoft Store to use one purchase on multiple devices that they are not using personally, that is against the terms of service of the Microsoft Store, as you are not supposed to be sharing purchases with other users (this also hurts developers and ongoing support). For users in that situation, they should be purchasing individual licenses per musician through my FastSpring store here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

It's perfectly valid to use a single purchase for all of your own personal devices though.

Mike