• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets Version 3.6.5 Released
MobileSheets version 3.6.5 is now available on the Google Play Store, Microsoft Store, and Apple Store, and is awaiting approval through Amazon. These updates address small bugs that were found over the last couple months, and in the case of the iPadOS version, a few bugs that were introduced with version 3.6.4. The changes are listed below:

Note to users on devices older than 5.0: There is currently a bug with 3.6.5 which prevents text annotations from showing up, and you also can't create new text annotations. I will fix this with a new build as soon as possible. This bug does not appear to affect devices running Android 5.0 or higher. If you have an older device and rely on text annotations, I would advise holding off on installing this update.

Android:
  • Updated OneDrive integration to show the correct information and work better with business accounts
  • Fixed flickering issues with the song overlay on some devices
  • If a song is renamed, the song folder will now be renamed if no other songs reference the song's files
  • Fixed issues with the stamp zoom popup where it could get distorted near the edges of the page when the page is zoomed
  • Fixed annotation tool size scaling issues with certain settings
  • Fixed issue that could result in duplicate layer names when creating new layers on all pages
  • Fixed MIDI bluetooth connection issues. It is now easier to connect to paired bluetooth MIDI devices
  • Fixed issue with lack of precision when annotating while fully zoomed in
  • Fixed issue where the auto-exit feature would not be suspended while the edit bar is visible
  • A message is now shown when attempting to zoom with performance mode on, and when the first song or setlist is loaded
  • Added retry logic when synchronizing to a Google Drive folder which helps with unreliable connections
  • Removed unnecessary location permissions for bluetooth connectivity on Android 13
  • The edit field for scroll amount will no longer automatically add a 1 when all the text is erased
  • The bookmark window now correctly restored it's expanded state when adding new bookmarks
  • Fixed reported crashes

Windows:
  • Added option to control whether each character is capitalized when entering metadata
  • If a song is renamed, the song folder will now be renamed if no other songs reference the song's files
  • Fixed annotation tool size scaling issues with certain settings
  • Fixed issue with lack of precision when annotating while fully zoomed in
  • Fixed issue where the auto-exit feature would not be suspended while the edit bar is visible
  • A message is now shown when attempting to zoom with performance mode on, and when the first song or setlist is loaded
  • Added retry logic when synchronizing to a Google Drive folder which helps with unreliable connections
  • The edit field for scroll amount will no longer automatically add a 1 when all the text is erased
  • MIDI files will now be recognized as audio files (to prevent synchronization issues with Android), but still cannot be played back yet
  • Fixed reported crashes

iPadOS:
  • Fixed issue where metadata would not be updated correctly after importing files
  • Fixed display issues when using the book mode feature with two connected tablets
  • Fixed issue with rotation dialog not working correctly
  • Fixed "Connect Tablets" connection issues if MobileSheets is put in the background or the screen is turned off
  • Fixed display issues with the action bar where text could be truncated incorrectly
  • Fixed issue with the annotation grid settings dialog
  • Fixed reported crashes

Now that these updates have been released, I will be turning my attention to new features such as the ability to position half page turns. I will also be looking to redesign the Zubersoft website, as it is quite basic and outdated, although I will not be changing the forums.

Mike
Half-page positioning would definitely be a crowd-pleaser. I'm hoping versioning is still in the plans as well. It seems like it mostly gets asked for by users who have different versions of the same piece in different groups but I imagine there'd be others like me who would use it to make it easier to use the leader-follower function with different parts on the same piece. Thanks for the 3.6.5 updates. Guy
Song versioning is definitely planned for the first half of the year (obviously the sooner I can get to it, the better). It's going to require significant changes both to the database and the UIs, so I wanted to get some of the easier enhancements finished first before tackling that one. I think after the half page positioning I am going to focus on adding some chord pro functionality that users have been requesting for quite some time, like chord grids and more styling options (through the pango markup syntax), and then I'm going to tackle song versioning after that.

Mike
Good to know. Thanks again