• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Bluetooth uses at same time
I currently use MSP on my Lenovo android to play backing tracks via bluetooth to a Bose S1 Pro speaker. I am looking at getting a Airturn Ped pro for page turning, but not sure if there will be any conflict with the existing bluetooth connection to the Bose. Do any of you have any experience of this?
Most newer Android tablets can handle up to 7 simultaneous bluetooth connections, although I've seen some older models that can only handle two or three. I think it should be absolutely fine if you connect both the speaker and the pedal at the same time to your tablet. I haven't tested that exact combination, but I have certainly had multiple bluetooth devices connected at once to my tablet.

Mike
(12-29-2022, 05:25 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Most newer Android tablets can handle up to 7 simultaneous bluetooth connections, although I've seen some older models that can only handle two or three. I think it should be absolutely fine if you connect both the speaker and the pedal at the same time to your tablet. I haven't tested that exact combination, but I have certainly had multiple bluetooth devices connected at once to my tablet.

Mike

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Togman, have you read reviews of the Pedpro? To register a press it has a sensor which detects contact, as opposed to a switch which senses movement of the pedal which is what most page turners have. Whether it registers the press or not seems to depend fairly heavily on what shoes your wearing. YMMV but a couple of the people I play with have them and they have problems getting them to work consistently and the reviews I read when I went looking for a turner seemed to say the same thing. All the best, Guy
(12-29-2022, 02:26 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: Togman, have you read reviews of the Pedpro? To register a press it has a sensor which detects contact, as opposed to a switch which senses movement of the pedal which is what most page turners have. Whether it registers the press or not seems to depend fairly heavily on what shoes your wearing. YMMV but a couple of the people I play with have them and they have problems getting them to work consistently and the reviews I read when I went looking for a turner seemed to say the same thing. All the best, Guy

Thank you Guy,

I was not aware of this issue - so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I shall have to do more research before I make my final decision. I guess this going to have to be one of those purchases that you cannot try before you buy.