• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import issues
1. When importing from Google Drive, any folders that have been shared with me, so they appear in the web browser as shortcuts in My Drive, do not appear in MobileSheets.

2. When importing from Local Files, files with a ".cho" extension do not seem to be recognized as importable. Maybe the ".cho" extension needs to be added as a file type association?
In the process of importing 3700+ files, had one ChordPro cause MobileSheets to crash every time I tried to import it. If I created a new song from scratch in MS, added an empty .cho file, and copy/pasted in the text from this file, it crashed MobileSheets.

Turns out, crash is caused by having two spaces after "custom" in the {meta} directive.

Code:
{title: 133 Levántate, iglesia}
{subtitle:  (#353 O Church Arise)}
{meta: custom  353 O Church Arise}
{book: Himnos de Gracia (2019)}
{artist: Letra y Música: Keith Getty y Stuart Townend; Trad. por Julissa Rivera}
{key: Eb}
{time: 3/4}
{copyright: © 2005 Thankyou Music (Administración por CapitolCMGPublishing.com excepto Europe y UK administrado por Integrity Music, parte de la David C Cook familia, songs@integritymusic.com). Traducción no oficial.}
{comment: Verso 1}
[Eb]Le - [Bb7sus]vánta - [|][Eb]te, iglesia [|][Fm7]del Señor, cíñe - [|][Eb/G]te de [Ab]Su_arma - [Bb7sus]du [Bb7]- [|][Eb]ra;
O - [Bb7sus]ye [Bb7]la [|][Eb]voz de Cristo,_el [|][Fm7]Capitán; de Su [|][Eb/G]fuerza_el [Ab]débil [Bb7sus]toma - [|][Eb]rá.
Con [Eb/G]el es - [|][Ab]cudo de la [|][Bb]fe, [Bbsus]al [Bb]diablo [|][Ab/C]no_hemos de te [|][Bb/D]mer.
[Bb]Ejér - [Bb7sus]ci - [|][Eb]to, armado [|][Fm7]de amor, ve y_al - [|][Eb/G]canza_a [Ab]los per - [Bb7sus]di [Bb7]- [|][Eb]dos.

{comment: Verso 2}
[Eb]Nues - [Bb7sus]tra mi - [|][Eb]sión será ser - [|][Fm7]vir y_amar, comba - [|][Eb/G]tiendo_al [Ab]ene - [Bb7sus]mi [Bb7]- [|][Eb]go.
La_es - [Bb7sus]pa - [Bb7]da [|][Eb]de Su_Espiri - [|][Fm7]tu traerá liber - [|][Eb/G]tad a [Ab]los cau - [Bb7sus]ti - [|][Eb]vos.
Aun - [Eb/G]que_haya [|][Ab]pruebas por do - [|][Bb]quier, [Bbsus]se - [Bb]gura [|][Ab/C]es Su salva - [|][Bb/D]ción;
[Bb]Jesús [Bb7sus]ten - [|][Eb]drá lo que ga - [|][Fm7]nó_al morir: una_he - [|][Eb/G]rencia [Ab]de na - [Bb7sus]cio [Bb7]- [|][Eb]nes.

{comment: Verso 3}
[Eb]Mi - [Bb7sus]ra_en la [|][Eb]cruz la gracia_y [|][Fm7]el perdón, donde_el [|][Eb/G]Hijo [Ab]fue_inmo - [Bb7sus]la [Bb7]- [|][Eb]do;
Mas [Bb7sus]a - [Bb7]plas - [|][Eb]tados yacen [|][Fm7]a los pies del Se - [|][Eb/G]ñor Sus [Ab]ene - [Bb7sus]mi - [|][Eb]gos.
Con - [Eb/G]quista - [|][Ab]dor, Se levan - [|][Bb]tó, [Bbsus]es [Bb]Cristo [|][Ab/C]quien resuci - [|][Bb/D]tó;
[Bb]Se can - [Bb7sus]ta - [|][Eb]rá Su triunfo [|][Fm7]hasta que todo [|][Eb/G]ojo [Ab]pue - da [Bb7sus]ver [Bb7]- [|][Eb]lo.

{comment: Verso 4}
[Eb]Su_Es - [Bb7sus]píri - [|][Eb]tu nos llene [|][Fm7]de valor, nos dé [|][Eb/G]fuerza_a [Ab]cada [Bb7sus]pa [Bb7]- [|][Eb]so.
Nos [Bb7sus]dé [Bb7]la [|][Eb]fe para_el pre - [|][Fm7]mio_obtener de un [|][Eb/G]siervo [Ab]fiel y [Bb7sus]bue - [|][Eb]no.
Los [Eb/G]santos [|][Ab]que lucharon [|][Bb]ya [Bbsus]ce - [Bb]lebran [|][Ab/C]Su fideli - [|][Bb/D]dad;
[Bb]Dios les [Bb7sus]guar - [|][Eb]dó y_así nos [|][Fm7]guardará hasta_es - [|][Eb/G]tar con [Ab]Él en [Bb7sus]glo [Bb7]- [|][Eb]ria.
MobileSheets doesn't currently support shortcuts with Google Drive. I'm going to have to update the code at somepoint to handle those. If the actual folder is shared instead of a shortcut, that should show up under the "Shared with Me" folder. Note that if you have the Google Drive app installed, you can always tap Import->Local File, then use Apple's file picker to pick the file through the Google Drive app.

As far as the other issue, can you explain a little more about where you are importing from? I selected Import->Local File, selected iCloud Drive, and I see the .cho files just fine and I can select them for import.

Mike
Thanks - I'll take a look at that crash.

Mike
If I import a Local File that's in iCloud or on the local device, it sees .cho files fine. But .cho files on Google Drive, when accessed by the Local Files method, are appearing greyed out, non-selectable.

Which is odd.
FWIW, the import process seems to be pretty solid overall, these issues notwithstanding. I just bulk-imported almost 3900 songs, mostly in chunks of ~450 but one big chunk of 1023 PDFs at 268MB. I think I crashed the app a couple of times in the process, but second try got it every time, except for that one two-space issue.

I can't tell you how happy I am to finally have my favorite music display app on iPad OS. If you're ever in central Texas, I'd love to buy you a steak dinner.
That's a bug I've seen when selecting other file types as well - it's something wrong in Apple's file picker unfortunately, so it's not something I can fix on my end. 

I know it's too late now, but if you go to the OS Settings->Privacy & Security->Analytics & Improvements and you enable Share iPad Analytics as well as Share With App Developers, then I can get a crash report indicating where the issue is, and I'll be able to fix the issue easily then. You can then turn the setting off afterward if you don't want to keep it on. I did receive one crash report that pointed out a problem when importing image files with very short names (less than three characters long), so that is fixed in version 3.6.7 which I submitted to Apple last night.

I'm happy that I was able to finally release the iOS version as I know a lot of people have been waiting for it for a long time. I'm thankful for all the support everyone has provided over the years.

Thanks,
Mike
I have tested the chord pro file you provided in two different ways:

1) I created a new chord pro file in the song editor and pasted the text
2) I created a new chord pro file and imported it off Google Drive

In both cases, I do not see a crash. So I'm not sure why you were seeing a crash with that...

Mike
(01-07-2023, 06:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's a bug I've seen when selecting other file types as well - it's something wrong in Apple's file picker unfortunately, so it's not something I can fix on my end. 

If I open the Files app, long-press on a .cho file (local, iCloud, Google Drive, location doesn't matter), and pick "Share..." I should be able to find MobileSheets someplace in there. But it doesn't appear anywhere. I scroll all the way across the listed apps (2nd row of horizontal icons, just below the horizontal row of recent message contacts), and then click "More.." and MobileSheets doesn't appear in that list either. OnSong, SongSheet Pro, even a bunch of apps that might open .cho as text files but certainly not as ChordPro, all appear in that list.

In the "Share" window, below the horizontal lists, is a vertical column of buttons, "Copy" being the topmost. In that column, I see an "Add to OnSong" button (I think the term for these buttons is either "app actions" or shortcuts). An "Add to MobileSheets" button would be sweet.

I think there's someplace that we're missing the .cho file type. Not sure where. Maybe start here:
https://developer.apple.com/documentatio...r_your_app

I'll keep looking around too.
It took a lot of tries, but I eventually found the right combination of settings to allow my app to be shown as a share target for .cho files. The "app actions" require the use of either an app action extension or share extension, and in either case, it doesn't actually load your app - it loads a separate extension of your app that can't share data with the main app. This is a problem for MobileSheets because it opens the SQLite database file and keeps it open, so an extension would not be able to open the database file to update it. So I'm not going to be able to support an action or share extension.

Thanks,
Mike
I was able to implement support for Google Drive shortcuts pretty easily, so that will be included with the next update.

Mike
(01-07-2023, 12:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I was able to implement support for Google Drive shortcuts pretty easily, so that will be included with the next update.

Mike

That’s fantastic. You’d think this stuff would be obvious — like, with explicit examples — in the API documentation, since so many apps need to open various file types. But then where would the challenge be, right?
(01-07-2023, 07:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have tested the chord pro file you provided in two different ways:

1) I created a new chord pro file in the song editor and pasted the text
2) I created a new chord pro file and imported it off Google Drive

In both cases, I do not see a crash. So I'm not sure why you were seeing a crash with that...

Mike

Weird. It took me a bit to work out that the issue was in the {meta} directive in this particular file, and it was only once I started looking hard at that line that I noticed the two spaces after "custom." Once I eliminated the extra space, it imported just fine. I already had "Share with App Developers" enabled, so you should have received crash data. I crashed MS probably a dozen times overall during imports, most of those with this specific file.