• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Apply to all pieces in library" is too powerful...
probably an unusual comment - MobileSheets is just too powerful sometimes Tongue

When setting the display mode for a piece, there is a prominent "apply" button, which then asks if the setting should be applied to the whole setlist, or all pieces in the library.
A similar far reaching setting is in the cropping dialog for a file: Crop: Current page only / All pages in selected file / All pages in all files.

Depending on how one organizes their library "All pages in all pieces" setting is outright dangerous, as a erroneous application seems not reversible without restoring the last backup.
My Mobilesheets library contains over 100 setlists,  4500 pieces in a few hundred PDF files, many of the pieces with individual display settings and most of the pages cropped manually at some point.
Applying a new universal crop/display mode to all my files will most likely never be the correct operation. I always have a slightly uneasy feeling when cropping some new pages, that i could inadvertently apply the crop to the entire library and destroy all the settings.

I do not suggest to take away a powerful feature, but maybe it can be protected by a library setting "Allow 'apply to ALL pages in ALL files': YES/no"?  So it can be disabled if the power can only do harm...?

Thanks,
  Christof
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017
I think that setting sounds more dangerous than it is. A piece in MobileSheets can have multiple images or PDFs. So "All pages in all files" just means all pages in all files of the current piece. It will not touch any files outside of the displayed piece. If you crop a piece while viewing a setlist, another option is available to crop all pieces in the entire setlist - that is arguably a little more dangerous, but it also opens up the ability to clear cropping for every file in the entire library which has been very useful for some users in the past. I can update the wording to say "All pages in all files of current piece" if that is a little clearer.

You can always revert changes to the database by going to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Automatic Database Backup. I just wanted to bring that up due to the fact that I don't support an "Undo" type option for most actions. 

Mike
Ah, thanks - my misunderstanding. "all pages in all files of the current piece" explains it much better!

Christof
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017