• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling page turns on connected tablets on the fly
I have two of our church choir members using mobilesheets pro and would like to get more.  I would like to connect our tablets so I queue them up to the next song quickly.  My problem is that we never have a set schedule and often during one song I am looking up another one.  Is there any way to quickly switch between flipping their pages and not?
At the moment, no, there is no way to change the settings for the active connection. Having said that, in theory, there is no reason why I couldn't allow the settings to be changed on the fly. The easiest solution, at least at first, would be to change the "New Leader" button to "Edit Leader Settings" or something like that, while the connection is active. You could then change settings as needed. I imagine you would prefer something that you could toggle without having to go back to the dialog, correct? One idea is that I could allow the connect tablets icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right to be long pressed, and if you are the active leader, that would pop up the dialog for the settings instead. That would give you a fairly quick and direct way to change the settings. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Mike
Ideal solution would be one button on the floating toolbar that would toggle between flipping on and off.  But barring that I believe your second option of long pressing sounds like a great idea.  I don't know how many need that feature but I would find it useful.
I use the leader/follower connection for string quartet gigging and being able to browse to other pieces on the leader tablet without changing the piece on the followers would be handy but not essential. It would also be useful to transfer the leadership to a different tablet so that any of the players can choose the next piece but I imagine that would be much trickier to implement
(01-17-2023, 09:26 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: I use the leader/follower connection for string quartet gigging and being able to browse to other pieces on the leader tablet without changing the piece on the followers would be handy but not essential. It would also be useful to transfer the leadership to a different tablet so that any of the players can choose the next piece but I imagine that would be much trickier to implement

My wife stands fairly close to me in the choir.  In the meantime I can have her set as leader and message her the page numbers.
(01-17-2023, 09:26 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: I use the leader/follower connection for string quartet gigging and being able to browse to other pieces on the leader tablet without changing the piece on the followers would be handy but not essential. It would also be useful to transfer the leadership to a different tablet so that any of the players can choose the next piece but I imagine that would be much trickier to implement

Same here.