• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
midi files iOS
I use MSiOS since three weeks. I imported my library from MS-Android and most things work fine.
Only the midi files will not play in the iOS-Version, because the files cannot load (there is an error-message, when I open the song). In the android version, the midi files will play.
Any suggestions, what to do?
Ulba
You will need to convert the midi files to mp3 or another audio file format that is supported. It's a complicated topic, but MIDI files are not actually audio files. On Android, the OS has support for playing back MIDI files as audio (which doesn't seem to be reliable across all manufacturers). What the OS is doing is actually using a sequencer to go through the MIDI file and play back audio using a synthesizer for each MIDI event. In order to support this on Windows and iOS, I have to implement my own MIDI synthesizer so that I can go through the MIDI file and generate audio for each MIDI note on/note off in the file, which also requires having audio files to use for each key of a piano, for example. It's on my list of things to do, but it is not something I will be able to get completed in the short term.

Mike