• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Buttons...
Greetings and thanks for this wonderful piece of software!

Since I'm in the process of setting up my collection I've become concerned about losing all the 'Smart Button' links. 

I tested a small backup before and it restored my files fine but the 'Smart Button' info was gone.

My questions is where is Smart Button data stored.  Knowing that I make a hard backup.

Thanks!
You said you created a small backup - did you just backup the PDFs? The smart buttons are stored in the MobileSheets database, so just copying the PDFs is not enough. You have three options for backing up your data:

1) Create a full library backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library.
2) Sync to a cloud folder using Sync Library->Sync to a cloud folder
3) Copy the database file under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files which is named mobilesheets.db (if you use the Switch Library feature, there is one .db file per library). 

I generally recommend creating periodic library backups using Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, as that will contain your entire library in one file.

Mike
(01-24-2023, 04:50 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You said you created a small backup - did you just backup the PDFs? The smart buttons are stored in the MobileSheets database, so just copying the PDFs is not enough. You have three options for backing up your data:

1) Create a full library backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library.
2) Sync to a cloud folder using Sync Library->Sync to a cloud folder
3) Copy the database file under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files which is named mobilesheets.db (if you use the Switch Library feature, there is one .db file per library). 

I generally recommend creating periodic library backups using Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, as that will contain your entire library in one file.

Mike

Thanks Mike!  I'm back on track and yes, Option 1 works and is the way to go.  No doubt my lost 'smarties' was a spinoff from that 'FastSpring' issue from a while back.
For backup a fourth solution
4) sync library to other devices (I use MSPro on my Win-Notebook, Android-Table and Android-Mobile - so I have 3 copies of the database)
While synching your databases is good, you have to remember that these are just copies and won't save you should a sync not work as you expect and you don't immediately notice. ie use the backup option as well so that you have something that isn't being updated since it was written.

This primarily applies to a single sync, with 3 devices you will have a better chance (assuming you don't blindly perform the 2nd sync without checking the initial one first)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6