• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets version 3.7.0 Released
(03-03-2023, 05:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Wenn Sie die Audioplayer-Einstellungen öffnen und die Option "Erweiterten Audioplayer verwenden" umschalten, scheint dies Auswirkungen auf das Problem zu haben? Ist die mp3-Datei auf der Festplatte vorhanden, wenn Sie mit der Dateien-App danach suchen?

Danke,
Mike

Ja, ich habe den erweiterten Audioplayer ausgewählt.
Die MP3 ist in der Liste enthalten. Erstellt habe ich das Sheet incl.MP3 auf der Windows Version von MobileSheets und dann als msf geteilt und in iOS Version übertragen. Funktionierte bisher tadellos.
Nachdem ich nun die MP3 manuell auf iOS neu eingefügt habe funktioniert das wieder ohne Fehlermeldung.
Habe das allerdings bei mehreren Songs. Gruß Roland
So what are the exact steps I need to take to get the issue to occur?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi everybody!

Sorry when I jump in here. I read the thread up to this point and I do have a very related problem.
I use Win11 and MobileSheets since a longer time without any problems during the last year or so. A few weeks ago, MobileSheets started to crash every now and then, when using the internal player. The MobileSheets window freezes for a short time, than the application crashes i.e. shuts down! I only use it for rehearsal (not really urgent) - so I monitored the problem for a while.

Today I de-/reinstalled the software to finally get rid of the annoying crashes - no effect ;-(

I removed the "delay when starting the metronome" checkbox in the metronome settings, as you suggested in another thread - no effect ;-(.

Finally I unchecked the "Use the advanced audio player" checkbox in the player settings, and now it seems to work!! (Got to test it a bit more during the next days...)

Wouldn't it be a good idea to link in an external player at this point? I for myself would love to start my copy of "transcribe" with the actual song. The looping and speed changing is a lot more advanced in that player.... Maybe some others would like to start "vlc" with a video of the song?

Ciao - Robbi

PS.: Up to this moment I hadn't even the slightest idea, that there were seperate settings in the metronome/player sub-apps. I looked for such settings in the general settings of MobileSheets....
With the advanced audio player, it's using ASIO to handle the playback. When the "Prevent delay when starting the metronome" is turned off and the audio player is set to use the advanced audio player, MobileSheets will stop the ASIO audio and start it when needed. This process must be causing a crash on your device for some reason. This is not a problem I've seen on my devices, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for it to see if I can reproduce it reliably. Switching the advanced audio player off and not using the metronome means that ASIO will not be used and the audio playback will just go through Microsoft's audio engine. So that's why you are no longer seeing a crash.

As far as using external audio players, you can try setting up smart buttons to load files in external applications to see if that will work with your audio player. This kind of integration is not easy with a UWP application though due to the many restrictions Microsoft has in place. I'm going to be porting MobileSheets to another framework this year so that it can run as a normal desktop application, and once I do that, it will open up more options as I won't have the same limitations imposed by the OS.

Mike
Thanx for the clarification! That explains, why in the past the player often didn't play, when I had MuseScore open in parallel. (MuseScore uses ASIO too, I believe.)
Ok, I will check out smart buttons on one of the next eveningsSmile)

BTW: I'm using a Steinberg interface with the original ASIO drivers (no ASIO4all or alike), but set up for very litte delay! (If that helps...)

Looking forward to the new framework version! (Remembering the last screen configuration would be of a great help too!)

Ciao - Robbi
(03-06-2023, 09:55 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So what are the exact steps I need to take to get the issue to occur?

Thanks,
Mike

Hallo Mike,
Ich kann es nicht reproduzieren, aber wie schon geschrieben habe ich auf Mobilsesheets (Windows-Version) das PDF und die MP3 Datei in den Song gespeichert.
Diesen habe ich dann als "msf-File" exportiert und auf OneDrive abgelegt.
Danach dann in die IOS Version von MobileSheets direkt über OneDrive eingelesen.
Gruß Roland
(03-07-2023, 06:20 PM)rhh Wrote: Thanx for the clarification! That explains, why in the past the player often didn't play, when I had MuseScore open in parallel. (MuseScore uses ASIO too, I believe.)
Ok, I will check out smart buttons on one of the next eveningsSmile)

BTW: I'm using a Steinberg interface with the original ASIO drivers (no ASIO4all or alike), but set up for very litte delay! (If that helps...)

Looking forward to the new framework version! (Remembering the last screen configuration would be of a great help too!)

Ciao - Robbi

Ahhhh, I also changed the ASIO driver's default sampling frequency from 44.1kHz to 48kHz (that is what JamKazam needs)! I'm not really shure whether the whole problem with the advanced audio player started then?! When there is time next weekend, I'll check that out!