• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android/IOs Bluetooth Connectivity
I've got an Android tablet running MobileSheets that I'm trying to connect via Bluetooth with an iPad running MobileSheets. We've been able to connect on a home wifi network, but when wifi isn't accessible, we can't seem to get the two devices to communicate using Bluetooth. This may be more of a device issue than a MS issue, but if anyone has any tips on how to get the two devices to connect/communicate I'd appreciate hearing the suggestions.
As far as I know, Android and iOS devices generally do not like to communicate via Bluetooth because of different protocols. But Mike mentioned somewhere else that he was thinking about implementing a solution for this sometime in the future. But as of now you cannot link together an Android and an iOS device via Bluetooth. For me, the easiest solution is opening up a hotspot from my first device and logging on to it from the second one. Then they share a local network without having to rely on a Wifi system (especially if you play at places with a big public network that does not allow devices to recognize each other).