• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS doesn´t recognize USB-Mouse anymore
Dear all,

Since today MS doesn´t recognize USB-Mouse clicks (left click, right click).

Enable USB-Mouse Processing: ON
Swap Mouse Click Action: ON 
Treat Mouse Click as Pedal Press: ON

As I checked "Pedal Action Settings" the input-fields for Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 are empty and doesn´t allocate mouse clicks (just mouse pointer appears)
Pedal 3 shows "FORWARD" and this action is accepted/executed (allocated to Start/Pause Audio)

Mouse works as usual at the tablet, so USB-connection/mouse is ok.
I´m helpless, because it "worked since ever" without any problem.

Tried 3 different USB-mouse.
Restart of MS and/or tablet doesn´t help.
MS 3.6.8. and  also 3.6.9 (Google Play); Samsung Galaxy S7FE (Android latest updates)

Update:
MS doesn´t allocate BT-Mouse clicks (left, right), FORWARD is accepted and executed

Any Idea?
Thx in advance!

e.k.
None of the code has changed for a very long time involving the processing of mouse input, so I don't think what you are seeing is the result of any changes in MobileSheets. I will test out a USB mouse on my Android tablets today to see if I can reproduce any issues. Just to clarify - you don't need to set the pedal keys when working with a mouse. MobileSheets just automatically triggers the pedal 1 and 2 actions when mouse clicks are detected.

Mike
I tested out a USB mouse and it worked perfectly fine on my Samsung Tab S4 with all of the settings you mentioned enabled. If it's not working for you, I will need to see a screenshot of the pedal actions you've assigned.

Thanks,
Mike
Dear Mike,

please see attached PDF. Hope, it helps understanding the problem.

THX!

Attached Files
.pdf   Pedal setting failed (USB or BT Mouse buttons)_.pdf (Size: 539.27 KB / Downloads: 8)
You do not need to set pedal keys with a mouse, at least for left click and right click. MobileSheets does not process mouse events that way. Mouse events are detected more like touch events and there are flags that indicate it came from a mouse including which button on the mouse was clicked. So don't focus on the pedal keys assignments. Having said that, if you can't turn pages or activate link points with the mouse with those settings, then I'm not sure what is going on, as it should work fine. I just cleared all the pedal keys on my tablet, then tested the mouse again using the same pedal actions as you, and it worked without issue. 

Mike
Since the last Android-update (yesterday) mouse clicks works reliable as expected.
No idea what happened....

Mike,
thanks for your support, even the problems are obviously not caused by MS!
I'm glad to hear it started working again for you. Very strange though...

Mike