• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird problem loading backup on tablet
Abstract:  
I loaded my backup file into a tablet, and though it found a setlist with names of songs, none of the songs existed.  The error message said this might relate to files created from a tablet.

Full article:
I imported the new songs for this week's gig into my primary tablet, a Samsung S7-FE.   When doing the import, I used New (and a name) for the setlist and of course checked the usual Collection for this band.  I've never done it that way before.  Usually there's an existing setlist, or I add songs to a setlist after the import.

Then I created the backup file as usual.

Then I loaded the backup file into my backup tablet, a Samsung S6-Lite.  Belts and suspenders with live gigs, always.  I went to the setlist; it was there and had all the correct songs in the correct order.  And, none of them would load.  They all said file did not exist, and there was a reference to "files created by tablet," or something similar.  So I imported them directly into that tablet, selecting the setlist and collection that existed.  Everything works fine.  

But now I need to know.  Bug?  or operator error?
I'm not sure exactly what was going on there. I've transferred libraries using both library backups and the sync library feature and never had a setlist load in that manner where none of the files would work. It would have been useful to know if closing and restarting the app suddenly fixed the issue, or if you had gone to Settings->Other Settings->Find Missing Files to know if the files were actually not extracted from the backup (or not included in the backup in the first place).

Mike